Chapter 3 part 1

It's taking me along time to do these chapter trying to finish my books as much as I can before my health takes a turn for the worse even more I'm so sorry to everyone who love my work.

The outback can be a very dangerous and unforgiving place at times even more so for those who come not ready for the unknown the heat alone can kill people and animals if someone gets stuck or lost in the outback search n rescue groups go looking most of the times with the help of dogs and the planes of the flying doctors these next two chapter do have hurt and loss and pain in them as a warning to readers.

It had been a rough 3 years of full on training and missions for Leo and his group of search n rescue dogs in his group there was him a male kelpie and a female kelpie the 3 worked very very well as a team all of them were 3 years olds and already the top dog rescue team in the outback. The 3 had rescue lost kids, groups of backpackers and even helped with a place crash the group had Leo and Penny as trackers the two working together could track a smell or 100s of km then there was Jet very very strong and could keep up with the other two as well as fight off any unwelcome guests the group picked up. The group had just come back from a small mission to track a lost kid and being him back to his family which they did pawfectlty after the team had abit of a rest as the days after were very slow and had no real missions for the dog teams like sometimes Penny would get to fly around with the flying doctors as her human was a pilot. Leo was a huge hit around town now going to his human kids school and playing with them everyone loved him dearly he would even go to the kids med centre to say hello to the kids there. One very very hot day a group of 4 backpackers came though town there were 3 adults and one female kid around 11 years old they met Leo and said they were looking at tracking over the outback and enjoy some exploring. Leos dad was quick to tell them that it was a very bad idea to do that around this time of year as the wet season was right around the corner and the group could easily get in danger or worse the leader of the group smiled and said they had everything they would need if anything came up. Dad sighed as the group left town that afternoon as the forecast that afternoon came on tv Leo was lying in the lounge room resting but he could feel the mood change when the tv talked. "The wet season is coming soon everyone we have a big heavy cell of rain on the way we will for sure see lots of flooding and rivers running fast" dad got up and punched a wall as he was very mad that the group didn't listen to him at all he knew how this was going to go and waited next to the rescue phone but it didn't ring. Two days past and suddenly early one rainy morning the phone rung and dad was up and answered it and I was up ready to go as dad hung up and quickly got ready and we were off in the car to the airport where Me, Jet and Penny got onto a plane with our humans and we took off into the outback on what was going to be our biggest and hardest mission ever. The rain got a bit heavier as the plane landed at a small outpost as we got off there was a huge group of humans from the outback search and rescue groups us 3 were the only dogs as our humans took us to the human in charge they were took the backpackers from a few days ago had gotten lost and a signal had been picked up but was gone now and worse was the body of one of the adults had been found passed away. The dog group got ready and Leo and Penny were given the smell of the group and right away the group was off in the rain tracking the group before the rain washed away there smell.

End chapter