⋯25⋯

TW: The bullying scene contains more than just hurtful words. If it makes you uncomfortable skip the scene from where Harry goes into the kitchen and read on from Louis POV.
———————————————————

Harry

Today is the day when he has to go back to work and although Harry has come a long way in planning his own business and, as discussed with Louis, he will first go the way of a freelance solicitor, he is not there yet to be able to quit his job in the current law firm. First he needs an office that he wants to rent and that is affordable. Difficulty in London. Although he could also receive clients at home, he does not find it professional and he wants to build a name for himself.

Louis was already at work before him and the last hour without him, he got so worked up in his agitation, that his hands are shaking when he finally enters the office. Agnes and Chelsey's threats are fresh in his mind again, as is his boss' disappointment. He takes one last deep breath and steps through the door and Agnes immediately looks up. She lays her head on the hand of her propped arm and gives him a false grin.

"My, my, who do we have here? Mr. Tarzan as he lives and breathes. I see your eye is better again? Too bad. Maybe we should make sure you keep wearing some green and blue around your eye? I'm not used to seeing you dressed so formally, and that would be the perfect splash of color, wouldn't it?"

Harry already feels like he's in disguise with his hair tied back - even though it was Louis who combed it for him and tied it in a neat ponytail at the nape of his neck. Just like with his white button up and black pants. It only makes his self-confidence shrink even more than it already did, because he doesn't feel like himself anymore and is therefore even less able to defend himself against Agnes than usual. Instead, he lowers his head and ignores her question. Maybe the best decision anyway to avoid getting even more into the field of fire. He hurries past the reception, down the hallway and doesn't greet any of his colleagues he meets there. His throat way too tight to even get a word out. He's hated this environment for a long time, but after the two-week break and everything that happened on his last visit, it now feels like his own personal hell.

Two of his clients this morning also notice his reserved demeanor and changed appearance, and Harry doesn't know how to explain why it happened. Instead, he just kept smiling, thanking them for their interest but asked to keep the focus on their case.

His only ray of hope is a text from Louis saying he wants to visit him after his shift and if Harry could delay his lunch break so they can eat something together. Harry quickly looks into his schedule and is pleased to see that it is possible and he answers Louis exactly that. After many hours his mouth finally twists into a smile again.

Before his next client, his boss looks in on him briefly, gives him a satisfied nod when he sees that Harry has honored his wishes and smiles again in approval as he closes the door again. Bitterly, Harry ponders how he once again pleases everyone but himself. Exactly what he had vowed not to do anymore. Sighing, he looks at the clock on his computer screen and sees that Louis should be arriving soon, but since there's still some time and he's pretty sure there won't be any of the others in their lounge since their break is over, he goes there. He craves for a coffee but sees Agnes and Chelsea leaning against the kitchenette in the lounge. Both are deep in conversation and Harry hopes that he can disappear again without being noticed. But just as he is about to turn around in the door again, Chelsey's voice is already ringing out to him.

"Hey Harry, are you afraid of us or why are you running away?"

Harry turns back, holding his breath, and immediately feels sick. But he doesn't want to show these two his weaknesses and admit how damn right she is. "No, I just forgot something. But I guess I'll make myself coffee first."