Chapter 5

A crescent moon peeked through the darkening clouds.

The fainted prince was carried into the side hall by the Jinwu guards.

The court lady hurried back to the Golden Luan Hall, and said in a trembling voice: "Your Majesty, the Ninth Prince... the Ninth Prince..."

Liang Wang had already heard the commotion outside the hall, suppressed the anger in his heart, and angrily swept all the papers on the dragon case in On the ground: "If it weren't for the sixteen prefectures of Youyun in the north that still need Xuanjia iron cavalry to guard them, I would not tolerate him." "

... Anyway, what happened to

the prince ?" "

"No serious problem?" Liang Wang slapped the dragon case suddenly, shaking the Jinluan Palace, "My prince was scared and fainted by my younger brother in front of the Jinluan Palace, and the news spread...how can I save face?"

" Your Majesty, do you want to punish the Ninth Prince?"

Seeing that the eunuch who accompanied him had picked up all the papers lightly and respectfully placed them on the dragon case, he took a deep breath: "Crime? ... He has just won the victory and returned to the court, if I punished him because of the prince, wouldn't it be cold to the hearts of the soldiers at the border?...I can only reward him!" The maid lowered her head even lower: "But the prince did not accept it

. Your Majesty's imperial decree for marriage."

Hearing this, King Liang's anger, which had been suppressed so hard, burned in his heart again: "Presumptuous!"

The palace maids and eunuchs were all silent, only the palace lanterns made a slight sound.

After a long time, the emperor sitting on the dragon chair finally said gloomyly: "Xunfang, go and see if the prince is awake. If he is awake, let him come to see me in the Golden Luan Hall.

" He went away, and after a while, he brought the prince who was in a trance.

Mu Ruqi was out of his mind and cringed, thinking that the lights in front of the Jinluan Hall were all fierce ghosts with teeth and claws, and almost tripped to the ground. Seeing this, King Liang smashed the booklet in his hand.

Xun Fang hurriedly stopped in front of the prince, let Zhezi hit her temples, then knelt on the ground and shouted: "Your Majesty, calm down!"

Mu Ruqi came back to his senses, and knelt down with Xun Fang: "Father..."

"Do you still know that I am your father?" King Liang stood up abruptly, pointed at Mu Ruqi, said "you" several times, and then fell back to the dragon chair, "I still think that only Xia Chaosheng is left in your heart! "

The words "Xia Chaosheng" pierced Mu Ruqi's heart, and he shrank his neck, wanting to cry: "Chaosheng..." "You

bastard!" King Liang smashed the notebook again, "What I have done to you all these years Teaching, have you forgotten?"

"My son..." Liang Wang didn't want to hear his argument, and asked sharply, "Why do I want to give you a marriage, do you know?"

Mu Ruqi promised: "My son is stupid, my son I don't know."

"I expected that Xia Rongshan's boy would resist the marriage, and wanted the Marquis of Zhenguo's Mansion to turn against your Nine Emperor Uncles!" Liang Wang stared at him with hatred, and the twelve strings of strings hanging from the flat crown on his head followed him. He roared in clusters, "Think about it yourself, who in the world doesn't know the relationship between you and the young master of Zhen Guohou's mansion?

" In a daze, in front of King Liang, he murmured: "Chaosheng..."

"Bastard!" King Liang staggered angrily, and smashed all the papers before the dragon case on the ground again.

Needle drop can be heard in the Golden Luan Hall.

"I thought you were too young to do anything, but I didn't think you were really confused." Liang Wangwu took a breath for a while, and hurriedly walked up to Mu Ruqi from the dragon chair, shook off the hand of the eunuch who came to support him, bowed his waist and held it down. On his shoulder, "You are my son-in-law, the future son of Daliang, and I still count on you to be a wise king in the future, but why don't you even understand my painstaking efforts?" "Father..." Mu Ruqi smiled wryly, "

son I beg your father to enlighten me."

"Son, do you know that the Marquis of Zhen Guo has led the army for many years, and his achievements are so high that he has made great achievements, and your Nine Emperor Uncles have pacified Youyun Sixteen Continents, and all the officers and men in the army look up to him? They are all mine. I have a big taboo!" King Liang forcefully pulled Mu Ruqi up from the ground, grabbed his arms, and looked eagerly into his eyes, "I bestowed the marriage on the grounds that the Marquis of the State should resist the decree, and that you will be ninety years old. Uncle Huang's face is disgraceful!"

"...The more ugly the Hou Mansion and your Ninth Emperor Uncle are, the happier I will be!" "

... But my son, why are you so confused that the boy who accompanied Xia Rongshan knelt in front of the Jinluan Hall and threw me away? face?"

"...You know, when I demote Zhen Guohou, I will draw up a new decree and give him to you as a princess!"

Mu Ruqi, as if struck by lightning, burst into tears for a moment, and knelt down on King Liang again. At my feet, I was heartbroken: "My son is dull, I don't know my father's good intentions, my son is guilty!"

Liang Wang waved his hand, closed his eyes and sighed: "Among my princes, only you and the fifth prince have made some achievements. You Don't let me down again."

Mu Ruqi was startled, and saluted gratefully: "I would like to obey my father's teachings!" "Go

back if you know." King Liang coughed wearily, "It's late at night, I'm looking for you. Fang, send the prince out of the palace."

"His Royal Highness, please follow the slaves." Xun Fang took Mu Ruqi's arm and led him out of the Golden Palace. The little eunuch of the East Palace hurriedly led the way for the two of them with an octagonal palace lantern.

The night wind is gentle, and the flames are faint.

The shadows of several people were reflected on the palace wall, and the dull footsteps shattered the tranquility of the imperial city.

"Your Majesty the Crown Prince, when His Majesty is angry, it is natural to speak more seriously. You must not take it to your heart." Xun Fang's voice was as steady as a calm lake, "In a few days, His Majesty will be in a better mood, and will definitely reconsider giving the marriage "

Thank you, aunt, for reminding me." Mu Ruqi thanked him sincerely, "The wind is strong at night, so aunt will send it here." Xunfang stopped as she said, and bowed her

knees to salute, her blue clothes swaying in the wind, like a lotus flower in full bloom .

Mu Ruqi watched her go away, his stooped waist gradually straightened.

The little eunuch carrying the palace lantern graciously handed over the handkerchief, and complained under his throat: "Why is His Highness the Crown Prince being so polite to her?"

Mu Ruqi wiped his hands carelessly, and his speech and behavior were completely different from those in front of the Golden Palace: "She is The female officer next to the royal father, the celebrity who was next to the queen mother in the past, so what if I am the crown prince? I still have to be polite to her, lest any bad words be passed on to the royal father, I can't even tell." "Then why does your highness want

to To make His Majesty angry?" The little eunuch took the handkerchief Mu Ruqi threw back, feeling terrified, "And the Ninth Prince..."

The little eunuch's words were interrupted by a cold sneer.

Mu Ruqi put his hands behind his back and raised the corners of his lips in disdain.

The moon poked his head out from behind the clouds, and the clear light gradually illuminated the weird smile on his face.

"My good Uncle Jiu... I don't know him yet?"

"As long as Xia Chaosheng says 'I don't want to marry', he will never set foot in the imperial city again in this life!" "

Look, didn't he just take the initiative just now ?" Did you send Xia Chaosheng to me?"

The little eunuch said "ah", as if suddenly enlightened, and flattered flatteringly: "His Royal Highness is very scheming." "

...It's just His Majesty's side..."

"What the emperor wants is not someone who is smart and will threaten his status." Prince." A trace of self-mockery flashed across Mu Ruqi's eyes, "If I really understand his 'good intentions', the fifth prince who is eyeing us will have a bright future." The little eunuch smiled slightly

. Unable to hold back, he lowered his head, not daring to look directly into Mu Ruqi's eyes.

Mu Ruqi didn't take it seriously, he looked up at the moon and muttered to himself: "Your heart is unpredictable."

So what if you become a prince?

If you don't ascend to the supreme position, if you don't hold all the rights in your hands, you will be slaughtered, you will lose your armor, you will lose your mind, and you will be defeated. "Jin Wuwei has already been to the Hou's Mansion, right?" Mu Ruqi withdrew his thoughts, looked down at his own shadow, "Send a few people to guard the Hou's Mansion." The little eunuch replied in a low voice: "Who should you send?

" "

"You can figure it out, anyway, everyone in the Eastern Palace knows each other."

"Sure, I'll do it now, slave."

"No, let's wait until tomorrow morning." Mu Ruqi dusted off the non-existent ashes on the hem of his clothes, and signaled The little eunuch continued to lead the way, "Our people go now, and we will not see Chaosheng." The

eunuch walked hurriedly with small steps, the lantern in his hand was fluttering in the wind, and there seemed to be a shadow puppet show on the palace wall.

"His Royal Highness, what should our people say

when they see Young Master?" Ask Uncle Nine Emperors."

"Your Highness, what if the young eunuch refuses to go?"

The picture of the shadow puppet show on the palace wall suddenly changed, as if it had turned into a fierce tiger ready to eat people. It turned out that Mu Ruqi grabbed the young eunuch by the collar: " What do you mean by that?"

The octagonal palace lantern in the little eunuch's hand fell to the ground with a "clack", the candlestick overturned, and the red flame engulfed the lantern.

"Your servant...you have said something wrong, my lord, please calm down!"

The flames rose in Mu Ruqi's eyes: "Impossible."

He paused every word: "You remember for me...he will definitely go."

" Because he said, I will not marry you!"