XII

Rook POV

"Um, Rook? What have you brought us here for?" Epel asked with innocent eyes as he scanned the Pomefiore laboratory.

"I need the three of you to listen carefully. Can I trust you?" I assured while signaling for the three first-years to lean in. Once they all nodded, I began explaining the circumstance.

"I'm afraid that our Roi du Poison has been put under a love spell," I began. Everyone just stared at me with wide eyes.

"Actually, that makes a lot of sense," Monsieur Heart began.

"Yeah, I know that Vil is known for being a little extra, but this behavior is even a lot for him!" Monsieur Spade added. I could see Epel giving him wide eyes, as if warning him to not call our dorm leader "extra" in front of me. It was rather adorable of him.

"That is why we are going to concoct a potion to reverse the effects!"~ I beamed. Nobody objected, but I could tell they were nervous.

"Do not fret, my charming juniors, for I will lead the process! I just ask that you all assist me during this trial," I stated while extending an arm, the other one placed on my heart. Now, the three first-years looked reassured, and looked at me with confident eyes.

"Let's do it!" Monsieur Cherry Apple exclaimed with a smile.

"What all do we need to get?" Ace asked as he scratched his head.

"One second," I replied before heading to a bookshelf in the corner of the laboratory. I scanned my pointer finger along the spines of the multitude of books until I found the right one.

"Ah, oui!" I exclaimed as I picked the book up, followed by checking the table of contents and flipping to the correct page. I then placed the book down on a podium, and we quickly began getting to work. This potion in particular was rather simple to make. It was only a general reversal potion, so it can take away any magical effect. However, there was still something missing.

"It says here that we need 'an ingredient particular to the spell being that is being reversed'," Deuce began.

"You're right! But what ingredient would that be? We don't even know what particular love potion was used on him," Ace finished.

"I know!" Epel beamed while raising a finger. The rest of us just looked at him to continue.

"If I remember correctly, the common ingredient for all types of love potions are rose petals! At least, I'm pretty sure that's what Professor Crewel told us," Epel stated with a quiet, shaky voice.

"Monsieur Cherry Apple, that was merveilleux! You are very correct!" I beamed with joy. I was so proud of my blossoming Pomefiore!

"We have some roses outside, would the two of you mind keeping an eye on the potion while Epel and I gather some petals?" I asked the Heartslabyul duo. Once they nodded, Epel and I shared a knowing look, and ventured outside the back door -- the nearest one to the laboratory.

Y/N POV

"Well, my dear? Would you please grace me with your lovely voice?" Vil asked with a voice as smooth as fine silk.

I absolutely couldn't even begin to believe the current situation I was in. I mean, my dorm leader just confessed his love for me; and that it happened when I sang and danced in this very spot. All I could do was stare up at him as he stared back with pleading eyes, his grasp around my waist and in my hand gradually tightening ever-so-gently. Finally, I gave in, and began to sing.

Given the situation, my voice was a tad bit shaky at first. I suppose Vil could tell I was rather nervous, because he would constantly give me a look of reassurance, as if he was telling me that it's alright. Eventually, I became more comfortable, and freely sang and danced to my heart's content. I felt so free and uplifted, and I honestly couldn't believe I was comfortable enough to dance with someone, even if they are under a love spell.