Chapter Eight

Yarrr hi im back

and for some reason every time I start a new line it always starts in italic

anyways

Someone was hiding.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤHide's presence instantly engulfed the closet they were in, and the human tensed. Hide faltered a bit. Humans normally didn't sense her presence this early- well, they rather didn't sense her until Hide tried to push them out. Only then did she realize what color the human's hair was.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤOh. It's that purple haired-girl. Hide had always found it weird how Eleanor was able to sense her, and how she was able to hear very distant noises and figure out things that Jayden couldn't. To be honest, Hide thought Jayden was the smart one here. Ambush sped by, and Jayden hopped out of his closet.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤEleanor whimpered and Hide felt a stab of guilt for her, but shook it off and began to kick her out. Hide practically went deaf when Eleanor shrieked and barreled out of the closet. Jayden raised an eyebrow at her, but didn't say anything, and Eleanor just muttered, "...I just need to get used to the closets again..."

ㅤㅤㅤ"Ha! You were pretty happy with those entity-free lockers back in the rooms, weren't you?" Jayden snorted. "Well-- uh oh. I hear that white vacuum cleaner thingy again." Eleanor's eyes went wide, and she hesitantly got back into the closet a few moments before Ambush passed by again. They rebounded and sped back the other way, and Eleanor instantly got out.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"So, as I was saying- Hide is back and you- OH MY GOD LET ME TALK FOR MORE THAN A SECOND" Jayden grunted and went back into his closet and Eleanor did too. Jayden never finished what he was saying and the two stayed silent for the rest of Ambush's run.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Jayden, I think I just became the world's luckiest person." Jayden turned around to see Eleanor holding up a key resembling a skull. She was pointing at an open drawer, presumably where she got it from.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"It kind of looks like the skeleton lock on that door to the rooms," Eleanor commented.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"It's useless then!" Jayden said. "We already went there, and the key wasn't even required. And I certainly don't want to go back."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Bu- like you said- even if the gold has no purpose in here anymore, it could still be valuable outside. This key could be too!"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"...Good point." Jayden sighed.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"Who knows? Maybe there's another secret door somewhere that requires this key!" Eleanor said gleefully.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ"I doubt it."

ㅤㅤㅤ"...Wait. Hang on! What was that room we passed back there?" Eleanor suddenly asked.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Huh?" Jayden blinked. "Oh, you mean that room we ended up in after we left the rooms? It looked like some hospital or whatever... I mean there wasn't much other than... wait..."

ㅤㅤㅤEleanor smiled.

ㅤㅤㅤ"There uh, was a room with a skeleton lock on it. Just like the rooms!" A grin spread across Jayden's face as well. It faltered a bit when he said, "but what if it's worthless?"