chapter 3

The next day, Mrs. Hastings woke me up and told me to go and get ready while she tries to get Spencer up. After I got ready I saw that Mrs. Hastings didn't have any luck so I took a bucket full of water and when Mrs. Hastings gave me the thumbs up. I smiled at her and motioned 1, 2, 3 and threw the water on him. He woke up and started chasing me around the house until I went and hid behind Mrs. H and she said, "Spencer can you please go and get ready". He then left got ready and I and Mrs. H were all laughing about the incident that happened this morning.

We were out of the house and reached the school. When I was going in the direction of my locker I bumped in to a new girl who I could tell was having difficulty in finding her way. "What's your name?' I asked. She replied, "Phoebe'. ' are you new to the school, may I help you?' I asked. She nodded her head. I then asked her, "may I please see your schedule?' She showed me her schedule and I realized that she was in all my classes. I directed her to the class and the whole day I got to know her better. At lunch we were discussing our hobbies when she said, "I love swimming I used to be on the swimming team at my other school but I stopped because we moved to this town". "Why don't you tryout for the swimming team here plus we have an indoor swimming pool so we train even in rain plus I can ensure you that you will not have any problems with the team captain" I said. 'Oh do you know the captain?' she asked. 'Yeah really well' I said. We had biology last lesson and I had Spencer in it as well. Before the teacher came I went up and said 'you don't need to worry about having to be on the swimming team I found someone interested thanks for the offer anyway' and took my seat next to Annabelle and Phoebe.

At the end of class I walked with Phoebe and showed her where the pool was and where she could change. I waited for her to change then changed in to my costume and put on my shorts and shirt on. I then asked Coach to come and review her with me. She was at first surprised to see me there and then coach gave her a set to do. I first analyzed her stroke and saw that it was elegant although her breaststroke was much smoother and much more loved then her freestyle. Then he gave a sprint of 50 meters which she completed under 30 seconds. She then did a 100 m sprint her time was 59 seconds, which was good. Coach approved and I was excited. I then said, 'as captain of the swimming team I congratulate you, you are officially on the swimming team'. 'Wait, what you are the captain, I thought the captain would be one of your close friends or something although your figure did tell me you are a swimmer' she said. ' Thank you for letting me on the team' she said. I then asked if she had a ride home and she didn't so I first waited for Spencer for a while and when he came he gave me the car keys and I first dropped Phoebe home. He asked who she was and I explained. We then went home and we did homework at my place today although he refused dinner and was going to go home.

He looked upset and that bothered me, i didn't understand what happened between today morning and now that annoyed him. i asked him whats wrong and he just said,"i don't think i am ready to greet my dad what if he doesn't want to see me again, what if he just thinks i am a mistake?' I calmed him down and told him not to worry but to relax and he did. after he calmed down I said,"he won't do that, he loves you and you know that nothing can come between you and your parents, whatever you do he will always be on your side", "now are you going to stay for dinner let me invite your mum". I invited his mum and him for dinner. My mum was delighted that they accepted because my mom and spencer's mum are actually best friends. After dinner, he asked if he could stay the night. I said sure as long as it was fine with his mom.