chapter 6

i heard someone ring the doorbell and my mom open the door and say, 'she is sleeping, she had a long day yesterday, let her sleep'. i woke up and went to the door and said,'mom its ok i promised we would go today and you know i never break my promises'. i went and got dressed and spencer and i entered the car. 'so thank you for the idea' spence said. 'no problem' I murmured. 'can we stop by starbucks on the way?' I asked. 'yeah sure'.he said. 

we stopped by Starbucks and had our coffee then we were back on the road. it was a really quiet ride to his dad's house. when we reached we rang the door bell and spencer's dad opened the door with a smile with a woman by his side. 'come in son, and who is this lovely girl, your girlfriend?' he asked. 'no, no ways' spencer said. "remember Aria Vanderwoodson, my best friend'. he said. 'oh my god it hasn't been that long, has it' mr H said. he then hugged me. 'so how is your mother', mr H asked.

'she is fine', spencer replied. 'dad why did you leave us were we not good enough for you?' spence asked. 'its not that, don't think like that. i didn't leave you because there was something wrong with you. Your mother and i were not getting along anymore and i couldn't cheat on your mother, i found Ariana at that time and we hit of immediately, i didn't mean to make you feel  like it's your fault'. spencer then looked at me and i knew that it was time to leave. his father's words were not enough. "Spence i never meant to hurt you please forgive me", Mr H asked. 

Without saying a word we both left the house. The ride back home he didn't speak a word. The minute we got home he got out and left to his house. I got home and saw that my mum had stocked the freezer with my favourite hazelnut gelato. I took out the tub and got started on finishing it. i wish that spencer wasn't so effected by it, but what can we do. 

After finishing my ice cream i got spencer's favourite oreo mixed with kitkat pieces in chocolate chip ice cream. i walked to his house and opened the door and knocked on his room door and screamed " i have brought piece offerings". i opened his room door and saw him lying on his bed with his face down. i went to him and stroked his hair until he was comfortable with getting up. 

He looked at me and asked, "am i useless". i replied, "you're not useless and you can't blame yourself for things like your moms and dads separation. it was a joint decision and they found that their marriage just wasn't working out anymore". he looked at me and said, "thank you for being there for me". We spent the rest of our time just talking and teasing each other and eating our ice creams, more like me eating his ice cream.