Always here

Lestrade pulled into the service station; he had been driving for little over two hours, since the last service station, and he was tired. Molly was already asleep riding shotgun, and Sherlock - surprisingly - was asleep using John as a pillow. He was pretty sure John was still awake, but neither of them had said a word for the last 20 or so miles, the only sound in the car was the sound of Classic FM Sherlock had made Lestrade put on.

"John? You awake?"
"It's pretty hard to sleep with Sherlock's face in your groin." He replied, both their voices were hushed whispers, "we all need to sleep, pull into the next station, okay?"
"No need to be my mother John," Lestrade understood why Sherlock found John's caring overwhelming sometimes, neither of them were idiot, they knew what they needed - scrap that, Lestrade did, but he was unsure whether Sherlock did.
"Sherlock, wake up." John coaxed. Sherlock started to stir and sat up, John placed his hand over his groin.

Lestrade pulled into the car park, parked then turned to the duo in the back. "Go find a chair and sleep, I'll wake Molly and join you in there."
John looked at Molly, she was fast asleep, not as Sherlock had been - tossing and turning - she was restful and calm.
"Good luck with that," John said as he opened his door, Sherlock shivered involuntarily at the cold night air, "come on Sherlock." The duo slipped into the night, shutting the doors quietly as to let Lestrade deal with waking Molly.

Lestrade unbuckled his seatbelt, and lent over to Molly, tenderly touching her hand as to my startle her.
"Molly," he whispered, "Molly, wake up love."
She grumbles something, and opened her eyes. "Greg..."
"Hi..."
"What time is it?" She asked slightly groggily, stretching her arms, then unbuckling her seatbelt.
"Just passed midnight, we're almost there. You've been out since the last station, long day?"
"Hmm... Yeah
"Sherlock and John are inside finding somewhere to sleep for a few hours, shall we join them?"
"We should." She paused. She could see little of Greg in the moonlight, she could only just make out his expression, he looked tired, not like he's been driving for hours, but like he'd seen life. "Greg..." Molly trailed off. Greg went to open his door, but stopped returning his attention to Molly.
"Yes?"
"Are you... Okay?" Molly was unsure of herself. "Is everything... Alright?"
"Not really but it's Sherlock we should be focussing on."
"Is it your wife?" Molly tried the Sherlock technique, though she was unsure it would work.
Lestrade looked to his lap. "She moved out again on Wednesday, permanently, and the sad thing is I'm more happy than sad."
"I'm always here you know."
"I'm not Sherlock, Molly: you don't need to save me or make me love you."
"I-" Molly paused, did he just say he loved her? "I'm not trying to- I- I just want you to know I'm here."
Greg smiled and placed his hand on Molly's. "Thank you."
"Sherlock has John; you need me more than he does." She smiled, " we should go find them."
"We should." Lestrade reached for his door, but paused, "sometimes I used to wonder why Sherlock didn't love you; you know... It annoyed me for a long time... But I'm glad."
"You are?"
"Yes, because then you aren't tied to him, so you can be with me sometimes too."
Molly smiled, "always here Greg, always."

A/N hi! Hope you enjoyed this, if so a vote or a comment would be appreciated - it's nice to know someone's out there, though it's not necessary. Anyway thanks for reading! :)