Ch.3 A Parting for Forever?

*2009*

*Kolkata*

Bondita woke up to the sound of her mother calling her name. She looked around and realized that she was in her parent's bedroom.

*Bondita's Pov *

'Wasn't I in that small dark room with that crybaby? Was it a dream?' I thought while scratching my head.

Immediately, I heard ma calling me.

"Bondita, wake up quickly shona. Otherwise we will be late."

"Yes ma. I am getting up."

I quickly got up and went to freshen up and took a bath. Then we lit the diya in the mandir and started our prayers. Dadi was already there. She wakes up earlier than others. Baba and Ma also came to say the prayers.

Then we had our breakfast and set off for the airport.

*Third Person Pov*

At 7.30 a.m., the family left for the airport. Bondita had never sat in a plane before so, she was very excited.

They reached the airport and completed the check in process and boarded the plane shortly after. Bondita was very surprised to see the plane.

"Maa! When we see in the sky, it looks soo tiny like a toy but from here the aeroplane is soo big."

Her mother smiled. They sat on their seats, Bondita taking the window seat and looking outside at the clouds. Soon she dozed off to sleep.

Almost 6 hours later the flight finally landed in Baroda Airport.

They got off the plane and headed to the hotel nearby that was booked for their stay. The family rested in the hotel for a while and then went to visit their relatives.

*At Relatives House*

Bondita's father rings the bell in front of the house and a man opens the door.

"Chachu! I am here." Bondita immediately sprinted to hug him. He smiled and hugged her back. They all went inside the house. Bondita's chachi had made lunch and they all had lunch.

After lunch, the men sat discussing their work while the women completed the kitchen work. Her dadi had gone to take a nap. She went behind her cousin into his room.

"Shashank, which class will you get promoted into?"

"UKG. And you."

"I will go in firat class. That means I am a class ahead of you."

"Huh." He frowned. "But I am an year older than you."

"So what, even if you are older, I am a class ahead. It means I am smarter than you." She giggled.

Shashank got angry.

"Do you have any toys or not?"

"I do. I have plenty of toys." He took out different board games and showed them off proudly.

Bondita opened her mouth to say something but her mother called her. She immediately ran off to her mother.

"Beta, we are going to the market to shop. Will you come with us?"

"Yes ma!" She said all excited.

Then Bondita, Shashank, her mother her father and her chachi went to the market.

They went to different shops and malls. Time passed by quickly and soon it was night time. They parted ways as Bondita's family went back to the hotel and her chachi and cousin went back to their home.