SEVEN

For a week, the couple spent a lot of their time in between each other's houses. Everyone close to them seemed pretty supportive of the relationship, too. As the news about Fear Street came out, Amelia decided that she was going to host a dinner party to celebrate. Soft music played through the house and she laughed when Pedro walked out of the bedroom to show her what he was wearing. The whole outfit looked pretty formal for dinner.

"I'm meeting your dad! I can't just look like some guy in front of him!"

"He's not gonna care about what you're wearing. Look at me, I'm wearing shorts and a Queen shirt. Also, Nikki and his wife are coming."

"Are you serious? Oh God, I'm gonna get murdered. Okay, I'll change into something more casual."

"He wouldn't kill anyone in front of Courtney so I think you'll be fine."

Pedro took over with cooking after he changed his clothes, and Amelia started to set the table when they heard the familiar sound of an engine stopping and car doors opening and closing. She made eye contact with Pedro before heading over to the door and opening it with the plates still in hand. Pedro started to get nervous as he could hear laughter from outside.

"I'll take these off your hands. Dad brought an entire cake, by the way," Mercedes said as she walked up the driveway.

"We've got something to celebrate!"

Amelia walked with her dad into the house, and she watched as Pedro talked to him while Mercedes finished setting the table. Everyone was talking and laughing in the living room when Nikki walked in with Courtney and Tom behind him.

"Hey, kid. We brought champagne. Oh, you must be the boyfriend," Nikki said as he walked over to Pedro. Amelia put the champagne in the fridge and told everyone that they could get their food. She sat next to Pedro and everyone talked about their projects.

"Do you think you'll be able to come to the premiere for The Dirt?" Nikki asked.

"Uh, maybe. I don't really know when they'll need me for Fear Street because I'm not in the first one but we'll figure it out. Jack, stop doing that."

"I'm not doing anything," he said as he continued to kick her under the table.

"Yes, you are. Do I have to threaten to push you in the pool? Because I'll do it."

Amelia gasped as Jack put his fork down and ran through the living room. Everyone watched as she followed him outside and pushed him into the pool before jumping in herself.

"Did she take her shoes off while she was running?" Courtney asked.

"Yeah, how in the hell did she do that so fast?"

"I'm joining them," Courtney said as she took her shoes off and walked outside.

Soon enough, almost everyone was in the pool with their clothes on. Amelia and Jack were splashing each other while Courtney and Mercedes were laughing about something. Pedro and Val stood by the pool deck and talked among themselves for a few minutes before turning to face the pool.

"You're insane, you know that, right?" Pedro asked.

"Yeah, but I don't think you're complaining about it."

Pedro chuckled.

"You're right, I'm not, but it's getting late. And you all have wet clothes."

Amelia chuckled before getting out of the pool with everyone following in her footsteps. Pedro handed her a towel and they went inside to get more. She took her clothes off and got in the shower after getting her pajamas out. Almost everyone had left by the time she got out of the shower, but that was fine. Jack decided that he was going to spend the night, so he was sleeping in the guest room in dry clothes.

She woke up before Pedro the next morning and went to the kitchen. Feeling too lazy to cook, she grabbed a slice of cake and turned on the TV. It didn't seem like there was really anything to watch, so she turned on Netflix and started going through the selection of shows that they had. At that point, Pedro had joined her on the couch and smiled when she selected a random episode of That 70's Show. Jack didn't get up until well into the afternoon, but it wasn't much of a surprise.

"I'm taking you home, right?" She asked when he walked out to the kitchen.

"Yeah, if you want to. We can leave whenever."

Amelia nodded and changed her clothes before grabbing a few containers from the cabinet. She had planned on giving Jack the leftovers anyways because Pedro practically lived at her place. After saying goodbye to Pedro, they started the drive to Jack's place. It wasn't super far but she didn't really know where she was going because she didn't visit him very often.

"He's nice. Dad likes him, too. You should keep him around."

"Yeah, okay. I guess I'm just nervous, y'know? Probably about the aspect of losing him. We started going out and then I booked a big role but I'm gonna have to go to Atlanta for it. But I also feel stupid because I really do want this relationship."

"I don't really think you have anything to worry about, though. You're not the first person to have to travel for a project. Dad had to travel for almost everything and we're still here. And you're not stupid. You could be many things but stupid is not one of them."

"And it ripped his marriage apart. I didn't date for a while and then when I got sober, I picked up small guest spots here and there. I just find it kind of odd that the only relationship where I was completely sober in my life ended shittily because I wanted to work more."

"He's not going to leave you because you're working. I love you, but you really need to calm down. Not every guy is going to be like Drake. He was just a loser who wanted you for money and attention. It seems like Pedro really likes you and everyone approves of him. I can definitely see why you're worried but I think he's too scared of Nikki to want to fuck around and break your heart like that."

"I can't say you're wrong."

"Because I'm not. Okay, I'll text you. Thanks for dropping me off."

"You're welcome."