𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔹𝕠𝕪 12

---

Sanji disinfected and bandaged the cut on his neck long ago, or at least it felt long ago. It's sting was nothing compared to the uncertainty.

Waiting and waiting. Incessant ticking of that damn cat clock. It's eyes moving back and forth mockingly.

Tick, left.

Tock, right.

Tick, left.

Tock, right.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Left. Right. Left. Right.

It's tail swaying back and forth, back and forth.

Ace's foot tapping, Sabo's pen clicking, clock ticking, echoing together in hellish symphony.

Tap, click, tick, tap, click, tock.

He sat there hunched over, head in hands.

Tap, click, tick, tap, click, tock.

Don't scream. Don't scream. Don't scream. Everything is fine. They will be fine. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Creek.

The door opened.

Sanji's head shot up, Ace's tapping ceased, Sabo put down the pen, and Marco walked out.

Their breathe held.

"Y/n will really need to take it easy for the next few weeks, keep their stitches clean, change their bandages daily, and get plenty of rest. I'd recommend having someone around to help them for at least a week and a half. I'll write a doctors note to keep the school off their back about attendance, yoi." Marco said grabbing a clipboard and pen.

All three boys released a sigh of relief.

"I'll stay with them." Sanji volunteered without hesitation.

"Fine by me. I don't think I'd be the best for that anyway." Ace said awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Obviously." Sabo teased. "I'm too busy to be of much help myself, so no arguments here."

"Sanji, was it?" Marco asked turning to him.

"Yes."

"This cream is to be applied to your cut daily, and this one is for Y/n's stitches and scratches, also daily." Marco said grabbing two containers from a shelf and handing them over to Sanji.

"Got it." Sanji said seriously taking note of the color of each container to remember which one is which.

"Now that things have been settled, you three wait here a moment and I'll go get them, yoi." Marco smiled and walked back into the other room.

Sanji took that moment to call his old man and let him know he'd be busy taking care of a friend.

---