Chapter 15: Christmas break

Jasmines pov:
"Toni!! Give ittt!" I yelled as I ran after the dark skinned girl. I ran down hallways and past people bumping into a few people and apologizing immediately. "Toni!" I yelled again. She ran to the parking lot where my brothers and Angelo's friends were standing all huddled together. "Guys! I stole Jasmine's phone and turns out she has a crush!" Toni yelled as she got there. I ran up to her and snatched my phone away. "You have a crush?" Kyle asked with a raised brow. "What makes you think that Toni?" I asked as I crossed my arms. "You were smiling at your phone like an idiot!" Toni yelled.

"Okay so? I could've seen a cute animal video!" I defended myself. "Yeah, but you normally say something along the lines of 'OH MY GOSH I'M GONNA DIEEEEE!' or 'OH MY DIOS SANTO CON LA SANTA MARÍA Y LA DIOSA DE TERNURA, THEY ARE SO CUTE!' and you didn't say neither, plus, I saw some heart emojis on the contact." She said wiggling her brows. I saw Skylar chuckle and I rolled my eyes. "Okay, yeah, I have a crush." I said rolling my eyes. "YEAHHH! Who is it?" Sam asked jumping on me. "It's none of your business." I said with a smile.

"Ay, pleaseeee!" Sam begged. "No babe, my lips are sealed." I said with a smirk. "You're no fun." Sam said pouting. "Uhuh, I know. So sad.." I said pouting too. "Jas, you have to tell me." Angelo said grabbing my shoulders. "Ya dije que no!" (I already said no!) I said walking to the car. I saw Sam's things in the passenger seat so I sat in the back. "Okay, bye guys!" Sam said getting in the car. We turned the radio on and Attention by Charlie Puth was playing. "YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION!" Sam sang as Angelo and Skylar got in.

"YOU DON'T WANT MY HEART!!" I sang back. "Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone else!" Angelo joined in. "YEAH YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION! I knew from the start!!" Skylar joined in. We finished the song and Boys a liar pt. 2 by Ice Spice and PinkPantheress started playing. "Boys a liar! The boys a playerrr! He doesn't see it, you're not looking at me boy." Sam sang.

"He say that I'm good enough grabbing my duh-duh-duh. Thinking bout shit that I shouldn't have. So I tell him it's one of me, he making fun of me, his girl is a bum to me. Like that boy is a cap, saying he home but I know where at, like? Bet he's blowing her back, thinking bout me 'cause he know that ass fat! And it been what it been, callin' his phone like 'Yo, send me your pin'. Duckin' my shit, 'cause he know what I'm on, but when he hit me I'm not gon' respond. But I don't sleep enough without you and I can't eat enough without you. If you don't speak does that mean we're through? Don't like sneaky shit that you do." I sang mostly to Skylar who was chuckling.

We kept singing songs.

"I MIGHT KILL MY EX! I STILL LOVE HIM THOUGH!"

"THIS TEXT GON' BE EVIDENCE I TRIED TO RATION WITH YOU, NO MURDER, NO CRIMES OF PASSION, BUT DAMN! You was out of reach! You was at the farmers market with your perfect peach!"

"I DID IT ALL FOR LOVE! I DID IT ALL ON NO DRUGS! I DID ALL OF THIS SOBER! I DID ALL OF THIS FOR US!"

"I just killed my ex, not the best idea, killed his girlfriend next, how'd I get here?" "I just killed my ex, I still love him though, rather be in jail than alone."

Let's just say, we had fun. "Hey Sky, you coming to the trip to New York?" Angelo asked. He mentioned inviting her and she mentioned him inviting her, but she wasn't sure. "Oh, sure. I'll go." She said with a smile. I subconsciously smiled at just the thought of another trip with her. She looked at me and we made eye contact. She smirked and I instantly got nervous. I looked away and the music kept playing in the background. I snapped out of my thoughts when Sam started singing again. "JUST KNOW THAT I WOULD DIE FOR YOU! BABY I WOULD DIE FOR YOU!"

"Okay Sam, we got it." Angelo joked around. I looked at Angelo, feeling suddenly so guilty for lying to him. For lying to his face. I felt bad. But I wanted to be happy too...Skylar made me happy. Really happy.