The man followed me

Maggie had always loved walking home alone from work every night. It was a chance to clear her mind and get some exercise in before settling into bed. But tonight, something felt different. Maggie couldn't shake the feeling that someone was following her through the deserted streets.

A shiver ran down her spine as she picked up her pace. Suddenly her phone vibrated, startling her. It was a text message from an unknown number. "I see you," it read.

Panic set in, and Maggie began to run. She tried to call her roommate, but the call went straight to voicemail. That's when she realized her phone was almost dead. Maggie cursed her luck and decided to take a shortcut through an alleyway.

But as Maggie turned the corner, she saw a figure standing in the shadows. It was too late to turn back now. The figure stepped into the light, and Maggie saw it was a man, tall and thin, wearing all black.

He approached her, and Maggie froze. He spoke, and his voice sent chills up her spine. "You're mine now," he said, and lunged towards her.

Maggie turned and ran, sprinting as fast as she could. She could hear the man's footsteps closing in on her. Desperate for help, Maggie ran towards a nearby bar, frantically pounding on the door.

Thankfully, the bartender heard her cries and opened the door. Maggie stumbled inside and slammed the door shut behind her, panting and gasping for breath.

As she looked up, Maggie saw that the man had stopped right outside the bar. He stared at her through the window, his face twisted into a snarl. But there was something in his eyes that Maggie couldn't quite place. Something haunted and sad.

Eventually, the man slunk back into the shadows, and Maggie was able to catch her breath. But she couldn't shake the feeling that she had just narrowly escaped death at the hands of someone who was truly desperate and broken inside.