Magic under the moonlight

Luan hadn't gotten far from the Leo Corp theatre. She just needed some time to herself. Being a performer was hard work so she needed a break from time to time. Plus it never hurt to take a walk in the moonlight by the river. As she walked down the moonlit path she hummed a song she heard from a friend who had a peculiar knack for getting into trouble. She chuckled to herself as she walked across the riverbed. The water was sparkling in the moonlight and flowing peacefully as she walked. She stopped for a moment and looked at her reflection in the water. She may have been stuck in the body of a 15-year-old girl but thanks to the magic she received from Skye Lanslow, she was able to make her body look more beautiful. For a kingdom of beauty and health, Skye sure knew what she was doing when she gave my sisters and me that potion. Luan happily thought. To her mind, she looked like a butterfly who had just emerged from her cocoon. The yellow bodice of her dress accentuated her chest, which was filling out enough to be distinguishable. She then swivelled around and tilted forward, and looked back to see that her hips had sort of resembled a wasp and her buttocks fuller and rounder than before. All the time she admired her reflection in the water she was amazed by how much the magic had changed her. She looked at her gown which glistened in the moonlight. Her skirt still had its dome-like shape but she didn't mind. To her mind, whenever the skirt of her gown was inflated, she thought it was so magical. Luan twirled around and watched the reflection of her in the water mirror her. Now I can see why Lola's her own best friend, she thought with a giggle. 

Just then she heard a voice from behind her. "Do you mind if I join you?" She turned around and saw Yuya standing nearby. "Sure. I don't mind." Luan replied as her friend walked next to her. She couldn't help noticing that Yuya was looking at how she had changed since the last time she saw him. And she couldn't blame him. "You know, you look really beautiful in that gown when the moonlight shines on it Luan." Yuya said, trying to break the silence. "Wow, thanks Yuya." Luan replied as she smoothed her gown. "So uh, what's up with Yuto and the others?" "You're trying to change the subject!" Yuya teased as he put a hand on her shoulder. "Can you blame me?" Luan replied softly as she looked at the young dueltainer. "It's been a while since we've seen each other." "We're alone right now Luan." Yuya smiled as he looked at her. "It's a beautiful night tonight. I remember when I first showed you this place." "How can I forget that?" Luan said, looking at the moon. "You told me to follow my beliefs, no matter what. And you know what? I think that bit of advice really helped me." Yuya smiled at his lovely assistant. "See? You're not as timid as you used to be. By the way, you told me you were stuck as a 15-year-old. How did you manage to make yourself look like that?" "With magic, of course." Luan replied, smiling. She put her hands on her hips to show Yuya she wasn't lying. Yuya looked her up and down. When he was convinced she wasn't lying, he nodded. "You look even more beautiful than the first time Luan." The young dueltainer said as he walked close to the riverbank. He held his hand out to Luan with a kind gesture. "Care to dance, my friend?" He asked smiling. Luan smiled softly and accepted the gesture. It wasn't often that you got to waltz underneath the moonlight.  And Zuzu wasn't around to spoil the moment. "I'd be honoured to, Yuya." Luan said as she walked towards her friend.

As they waltzed under the moonlight, Luan felt like a princess in one of Lola's storybooks. She was enjoying herself and no one was watching her and Yuya dancing. Well of course, she knew that Yuri, Yugo and Yuto were watching from inside Yuya's pendant. But she didn't let it bother her. As Yuya twirled her around, Luan looked at their reflections in the water. The reflections in the water mirrored them perfectly. To her mind, the moment she shared with Yuya felt so magical. Maybe it had something to do with the moon. It was an unusual shade of gold and it seemed to sparkle on her gown. She thought about her siblings and where they were. Luan shook her head in confusion. Yuya noticed her puzzled expression and looked at her. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked, his voice concerned. Luan looked at her friend and smiled. "Uh, yeah, I'm fine." She said. "Just had a lot on my mind." "Thinking about your family again?" Yuya asked. Luan nodded. She really missed them but she had been enjoying the time she and Yuya were spending together.  Yuya looked at the water and saw their reflections looking back at him. He had to admit it was a pretty sight but he didn't have time to worry about that right now. He needed to investigate the lead that Declan gave him before he disappeared. The river was the place where the disappearances had all been taking place. He pulled out his pendant from his shirt and held it up. unlike all the times in the past, it wasn't glowing. Looks like I'm on my own, Yuya thought in annoyance.

"Something wrong Yuya?" Luan asked as the young dueltainer held up his pendant in confusion

"Something wrong Yuya?" Luan asked as the young dueltainer held up his pendant in confusion. "Uh, not really." Yuya replied as he turned to his friend. "Just had a lot on my mind just now." "You could talk to me about it if you need to." Luan said. Yuya smiled. He could always count on Luan to cheer him up. Just then Luan noticed a strange hole in the hill near the riverbank."Hey Yuya, was that hole always there?" She asked. The young dueltainer looked at where his friend was pointing and scratched his head at the sight. "Huh. That wasn't there a few weeks ago." Yuya said. Luan stuck her head into the hole. "Luan don't even think about it!" Yuya said, his voice sounding worried.  "Oh come on Yuya! I'm just peeking in for a bit." Luan replied, looking deeper into the hole. "Could this be related to the missing performers?"  "I.... dunno." Yuya muttered. He looked away from the hole and checked his pendant. Something was definitely wrong. He could feel it. Yuri, Yugo and Yuto were keeping awfully quiet tonight. This wasn't like them! Usually, they were chatting (or arguing. Usually it was arguing)away in Yuya's head. But this silence from them was so unusual. Yuya was getting worried by the minute. When Yuya turned back to the hole, Luan had disappeared! Yuya gasped in terror. His friend and assistant had disappeared like the performers did! Just then Yuya's duel disk started beeping. He looked at the screen and saw a picture of a young boy who kind of looked like a Dalmatian,  wearing a red frock coat with a crimson waistcoat and bow tie on it.

 He looked at the screen and saw a picture of a young boy who kind of looked like a Dalmatian,  wearing a red frock coat with a crimson waistcoat and bow tie on it

"What!?" Yuya gasped, staring at the screen in shock. "Hello, Yuya!" The boy said smiling. "How are you? You may not recognise me. I sorta kept the hair, but ginger would've been cool, right? Look, sorry for doing this to you, but I need you to do me a solid. See I'm in a situation right now, and I need Luan to help me. If I'm right then Luan's gone down that hole. I need you to follow her." "Are you crazy?!" Yuya blurted out in disbelief. "Oh, I forgot to mention that this is a recording." The boy said. "Love to chat but I haven't got a lot of time to. Got a bit of a situation over here. you and Luan need to make sure that Declan lives. You may not know this but Declan is the key to all this. I need you to make sure Luan does this. But don't mention this! She can't know about this message. If she does- well you don't want to know. But it's important that you and Luan rescue Declan from Z-arc. It's important that this happens. The human race depends on this. I'm out of time. Good luck Yuya!  After me, You're the greatest." Yuya sighed as he looked at the hole in annoyance. Well here goes nothing, Yuya thought as he clambered into the hole after his friend and assistant.