chapter 18

The next day, Maggie and Sails made their way to her house. They pulled into her driveway. Her neighbors were nosy.  That wasn't her usual car? They thought.  When Salis got out, all of their jaws dropped. He went over and let Maggie out of the car. She giggled a thank you to him, and he smiled. He could hear all of them even though they whispered.  "Who the fuck is that with lonely Maggie." "That's new, she actually brought a man to her place and he's hot? Didn't think she could pull a guy like that, " another sneerd. "Thought she was, you know?" One more spoke. Salis couldn't believe his ears,  such nosy and rude people he should make them disappear, but for Maggie's sake, he let them live. Maggie saw all the nebours were all in their windows watching.  Maggie rolled her eyes. "Welcome to my home Salis!!! Come on in my dear!" "Thank you my love." He came in and made himself comfy.  He looked about her Quant home. It was very cozy. Books everywhere in her office. Books on the occult, witch craft, vampires, and werewolves. "You got a lot of books, I see." "What can I say? I've been interested for a long  time." Maggie said with a little embarrassment.  He smiles. "Nothing to be ashamed of my dear. There is nothing wrong with a bit of knowledge or searching for the truth.  Just be careful on how far you fall down the rabbit hole." "Well I won't fall too far, I have the best guide on the planet." Sails smilled at that. They spent the night reading, laughing and talking and a bit more of cuddles.