Chapter 6 (The Aftermath)

The luke warm water ran over my skin. The sound of the shower was soothing, soaking not just the ends of my hair, but into the sound waves dancing around us. My head was resting on Riley's collar bone, the bare skin of our bodies pressed up against each others. Together we stood under the soft falling of man made rain.

    Suddenly the water went cold. He had warned me about the temperamental water heater, but still we both jumped back in surprise.

    "See I told you," he chuckled.

    "Well, you definitely weren't kidding,"

    My arms had gone from around his waist, to hiding my chest.

    "You don't have to do that, you know," he lowered my arms with his hands. He let go once they were at my sides. He cupped them in his hands, "I think they're beautiful,"

    I blushed, shifting down my gaze with embarrassment. I hated my body, I struggled to let anyone see it. He tilted his head to kiss my cheek.

He wrapped one arm around my waist, pulling me towards him, squishing them back against his chest. He held me until the water returned to warm.

My face was tacky with dried sweat, I had black marks smudged under my eyes. We went so hard even my best waterproof mascara had met it's match. I tried rinsing it away with water, but seems it only lived up to it's name after smudging onto the skin.

    I wiped the water from my eyes before reopening them. I turned to face him.

    "Is it gone?" I asked.

    "Oh no, Hannah, you look like a raccoon," he teased, "Would this work?"

    He held up a bottle of drugstore face wash. I hoped it would work.

    He popped open the lid to squeeze some into my hands. I turned back around, scrubbing my eyes ferociously with determination. After rinsing off the suds, I turned back to him.

    "What about now?"

    He smiled at me, "There, that's much better, it's all gone now."

    Thank goodness. He turned off the faucet, killing the flow of water. Pulling the shower curtain to the side, he wrapped me in a towel before grabbing his own.

Warm, dry, and back in his bed, I held him in my arms, his head burrowed in my chest. His breathing had turned shallow with sleep. The room was illuminated with the yellow glow of the twinkle lights. I wore only my panties and his black t-shirt from our highschool graduation. Our legs were intertwined, his boxers exposing most of the skin on his body. I lightly rubbed his back, soaking in the moment.

     I stared at the condom wrapper stuck between the wall and the wooden frame of the door. He had attempted to throw it towards the trash can, but somehow it had managed to land there instead. I smiled to myself, his laugh ringing in my head as we both stared in disbelief at the chances.

    At some point I had fell asleep, only to be startled awake by the sound of his five thirty am alarm. Still half asleep, I heard him groan tiredly, before pressing snooze and flopping back down next to me. I reached out to touch his chest.

    He looked over at me and smiled, "Good morning."

I smiled back, "Good morning," I whispered groggily, my voice cracking as it warmed up.

    He rolled towards me, pulling me into him by my shoulder. My face fit into his neck as he rested his chin on the top of my head. He exhaled, giving me a squeeze. He pulled away to look down at me.