COVID Beginnings

[Yeonjun's POV]

Ever since quarantine started, everything around me has changed. We have to stay inside and I don't usually like to stay inside all day long, but now it's sometimes the case. When we have to go outside we have to wear masks. Last but not least, I can't see Chaewon, Yena, or the rest of IZ*ONE often now thanks to the pandemic. So now it's rare for TXT and IZ*ONE to hang out with each other now.

Even then, I didn't want to stop seeing Chaewon in person. She's the one who can brighten up my day. I couldn't see her during Valentine's Day, but I was fortunate enough to be able to see her right after her comeback stage. Chaewon has told me she felt the same way, she misses my presence and my face. I mean who wouldn't miss my face? Still, I'm glad the pandemic isn't doing enough to negatively affect her career.

We have a fanlive coming in March shortly after our 3rd anniversary of TXT's debut. I was glad to be performing on a stage once again, but there's one problem. The problem is that people are being quarantined so the only way we can reach MOA is online. I'm sure many more people around the world are struggling thanks to the pandemic.

 I'm sure many more people around the world are struggling thanks to the pandemic

It clicked to me that we're gonna go live on Vlive on March 4th. I should feel happy to interact with our fans, but I don't feel satisfied. Sure I may be exaggerating already and it's only been two months since lockdown has started. Soobin came in with an americano in his hand and walked up to the couch where I sat.

"Hey Yeonjun you alright?" Soobin asked.

"Not really if I'm being honest," I said.

"Me neither, I'm not liking this pandemic one bit. Thanks to the changes in the work environment, it's gonna take awhile before we can continue our work for our next comeback. All that hard work you put in..."

"It was a team effort, everyone was involved."

"Here you want this?" Soobin held another americano in his other hand.

"Sure if it helps me cope." I accepted his offer and started drinking it.

"I bet it was tough for the girls to perform during the pandemic."

"Nobody to watch them in person. Not even we could go!" I said and I could feel myself getting worked up.

"Well nothing we can do, how about we play some Smash Bros."

"If you wanna lose be my guest."

"Oh we'll see!"

Timeskip

It's now March 7th, this is gonna be our first fanlive concert. We kicked things off with New Rules and Angel or Devil followed by some of our talks. Performing wasn't the most difficult task, far from it actually. I'll get into that later. As the live went on we were just doing stuff on a stage with no audience, it felt like I was talking to myself. We concluded the live with a Run Away encore before ending the live.