Better With You

[Yeonjun's POV]

Right now, I'm driving back to my dorm with Chaewon. Not sure what she wants to do there because she can do anything back home. She seems excited to try out something though that's my theory. "Hey so what is it you want to do?"

"It's better if I show you!" Chaewon replied.

"Makes me even more curious..." I said.

"Focus on driving first and I'll show you once we arrive."

"Alright."

Later once we arrived at my dorm, Chaewon quickly ran out of the car and waited for me. She was eager and full of energy as I got out. She ran to me and held my arm and we both walked together to my dorm. Once I unlocked the door to my door, she tugged my arm and walked to the studio.

"The studio? What's this about?" I asked.

"Since lockdown, I've actually decided to try creating melodies and beats on my laptop using GarageBand!" Chaewon proudly said.

"You have?"

"Mhmm! After seeing you do songwriting, it inspired to try other music related things like composing music."

"Do you have like a sample?"

"I do actually! Here listen to it!" Chaewon pulled out her phone and tried finding the sample. She managed to find the sample she saved and had me listen to it. I couldn't deny that it was good, she clearly had done this more than once.

"This is incredible! You seriously only started using GarageBand this year?"

"Yep, so maybe we can try creating the melody for one of your upcoming tracks? What do you think?"

"Well... It's not a bad idea..." I said and laughed nervously.

"Which one should we try out?" Chaewon asked.

"Maybe Ghosting I guess?"

"What kind of melody do you want in Ghosting?"

"Hmmmmm, oh I got it! Make it like a nostalgic indie-rock and '80s nu-gaze soft ballad!"

"That's a lot of things to add, but I can make it work!"

I set up GarageBand on my laptop and let Chaewon mess around with it for a bit to create the melody I asked her to make. Since she's busy, I decided to prepare lunch for the both of us. I decided to make kimbap, it's simple and would save me the trouble of washing too many dishes. I finished after about 20 minutes and set them on the table. I walked over to Chaewon who was still creating the instrumental.

[Chaewon's POV]