Alpha/Omega

This story starts in episode 21 season 2 "Alpha/Omega" (I bet the title makes a bit more sense now) :)

~~~~~

"Do you know why the Guard chose you to protect me?" A voice asked

"Because they know I can handle the job of guarding someone as important as you!" Smokescreen responded with a smile.

"No," the voice replied, "It's because I requested it."

Smokescreen paused for a second, "Why?"

"My job is to make sure everything in these halls stays safe, all of the data, and all of the relics. If you were not here, I would be failing at my job."

"What..." Smokescreen was quite confused.

"A relic guarding relics, do you understand Smokescreen?" The voice questioned.

"Are you saying I'm... You're joking. Right?" Smokescreen waited for a response but none came, "Alpha Trion?"

~~~~~

Smokescreen woke up from his strange dream, it felt more like a memory but... well to say the least, he didn't remember ever having a conversation like that. He focused on the memory some more before he realized what was going on. The Omega Key, Arcee... Megatron. How was he still functioning, the Phase Shifter, it had to be.

He used the Shifter to exit the structure he was in to see Optimus and Megatron in the heat of a battle. Optimus seemed to be losing, Smokescreen had to do something. Then he saw the key, he rushed over to grab it.

"And so it ends," Megatron growled, "Just as i envisioned, with your head beside my new trophy."

"Oh, you mean this," Smokescreen chimed in, Omega Key in hand, "Finders Keepers."

~~~~~

Smokescreen had returned to base, to his surprise everyone seemed glad to see him. Ratchet let him keep the Phase Shifter, but the Star Saber broke, probably during the fight. Optimus went back to decoding the Iacon files, and Smokescreen went to his room. He sat on his berth (bed) for a long time, thinking about the dream he had, the one that felt like a memory he never had. Maybe there's something wrong with his memory circuits, but he didn't want to bother Ratchet. If it happens again, he needs to tell Ratchet. He promised himself to do that no matter what was happening.