Chapter twenty six- Kou Empire's High Priest

It was raining. Ashlyn was walking around outside aimlessly, thinking over everything that happened. She stopped as a voice caught her attention, "...you've become powerful. And there's someone I'm dying to show that to."

Ashlyn gasped and hid behind a red column. Judar?! And he's talking with Hakuryuu?! Why?! Her eyes widened as a memory hit her, and her head ached.

Meanwhile, Gyokuen walked up behind Judar surrounded by Al-Thamen members. "Hakuryuu? I've wanted to talk to you," She grabbed Judar's arm. "Judar can't seem to stop praising you!" She took a step towards Hakuryuu, "Now, show me your face. You've grown so much..." She went to touch him.

Hakuryuu slapped her away and glared at her. Ashlyn covered her mouth with her hands and forced herself to not run over to him. Hakuryuu...

Gyokuen smiled, "You've gotten sharper, haven't you? You've got Hakuyuu and Hakuren's eyes at last..."

"What?" Hakuryuu's eyes widened.

"That day...I didn't care if you or Hakuei died as well..." Gyokuen spoke, looking away. "But maybe I should kill Hakuei..." She smiled evilly at Hakuryuu.

Lightning struck, and in that split second, Hakuryuu was in his full djinn equip. He attacked Gyokuen with his spear, along with several plants. Ashlyn gasped again as his attacks were stopped by a borg. Is Judar...no wait...How does Gyokuen have a borg?! Hakuryuu pressed harder, trying to penetrate her borg. Gyokuen stepped forward, "That's enough." She easily sent Hakuryuu flying backwards into his own plants and into a nearby tower. Gyokuen walked over to him, "May you always remain as my cute little Hakuryuu." She smiled, placing a hand on Hakuryuu's head.

"Looks like you only have the capacity to hate your mother, after all." Judar spoke to Hakuryuu once Gyokuen left.

 No... Ashlyn watched them, eyes wide. This is what I remembered when I first met Hakuryuu!

"...If by chance, you wish to curse your 'destiny'," Judar placed a hand on Hakuryuu's shoulder. "I'll lend you a hand."

Ashlyn waited for Judar to walk away before she ran over, "Hakuryuu!"

The prince didn't look at her right away, like he was lost in thought. "Ashlyn...-dono?"

"Hakuryuu! Are you alright?!" Ashlyn crouched down and placed her arms on his shoulders.

Hakuryuu blinked and shook his head, "Yes, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? What happened?!" Ashlyn asked. Although she knew what happened, she was curious what he'd say.

"Nothing, I'm alright." Hakuryuu insisted.

Ashlyn helped him up, "You can tell me, you know." She glanced behind Hakuryuu and saw Judar looking over his shoulder at her. Her eyes widened and she quickly looked away. "Hakuryuu, are you sure you're alright?"