Swordsmith Village (1 -2)

I open my eyes lazily, and the lack of strength and energy is the first thing I notice. Then it's the place I'm at. Then it's Mitsuri with a wide open mouth and eyes staring at me.

"ASSUGGAAA!" She runs and jumps on me, making me scream in pain as she hugs the little life I have left out of me.

The kakushi helpers come to my rescue, and I thank them dearly for saving my life.

"I was so worried about you!" Mitsuri cries.

"Well... I'm here now." I have trouble speaking still but push through.

"When the Kakushi told me you were close to death, I couldn't stop worrying!"

She clasps my hand and cries some more.

"I'm ok now Mitsuri, you can stop worrying now."

"But I can't!" She keeps crying.

'Oh God, help me.'

She calms down a bit when Kocho arrives swiftly and lightly hugs me.

"I'm glad you're awake now, Asuga. You had everybody worried. Even Muichiro and Iguro came by to offer their comfort."

"Wow." I laugh. "I must've looked pretty bad, huh?" I smile.

"You did..." she says. "You were drenched in blood and dirt with countless life-threatening injuries! If it wasn't for your amazing recovery and my medicine, then you'd be long dead."

"Oh."

"But you're not dead, so get some rest and meet me at the swordsmith village! We can hang out in the hot springs, which should help your body."

"Ok, Mitsuri. Bye now." I wave at the fellow female Hashira then look to my right to see Kochos hands grab my face and her lips connect with mine.

It was a quick peck on the lips but it felt like an eternity of emotions passed through that kiss

She backs up and is blushing hard like me.

"W-what was that for?" I ask.

"For scaring me like that. Don't ever do something like that again."

"No promises."

She smiles, and I grab her hand and bring her into a hug.

"Thank you for worrying about me."

"I always do."

And with that, she leaves. I can finally look at these letters left by my friends. Not without me calming myself from the romantic encounter with Kocho!

Tengen Uzui.

"You better not die in such an unflashy way saving me! I'll have to bring you back to life just to kill you again!"

"Thankfully, I'm alive, I guess."

Giyu Tomioka.

"Get well."

"Good enough for him,"

Obanai Iguro.

"Don't die, you sack of shit. Mitsuri shouldn't cry over filth."

"Rude."

Gyomei Himejima.

"Please stay alive, Asuga. You're a valuable slayer and a great person."

"Aw, thank you."

Muichiro Tokito.

"Don't die like trash. You still have work to do."

"Sounds like him."

Sanemi Shinazugawa.

"Don't die."