its been a year but make it happy ish

I fell asleep again after listening to my mothers pleas. I'm so exhausted. Everyday I wake up for at most 2 hours then sleep again. Like a bear in an extended hibernation. A hibernation with no end in sight.

~night next day~

I looked out the window for the first time in probably at least 6 months. This time I was able to look at the stars without seeing Tsukasas face in the background. It was relieving and I chose a star to talk to and I guess pretend it was Tsukasa.

"Tsukasa im so tired. I can't stay like this much longer. I don't understand why I haven't died yet. I know I don't deserve death. It's too good of a relief for someone who messed up that bad. I miss you more than anything but I know that there's nothing that can bring you back. And I know there's nothing I can do to redeem myself. I'm sorry Tsukasa. I will forever love you."

After that I fell asleep. This time I didn't pass out from exhaustion. I layer in bed, and went to sleep. It felt refreshing after so long. I wondered what other things that used to be usual that I had forgotten.

~dream~

Another happy morning of walking to school and meeting up with Tsukasa. I love these mornings. I'm so glad that these will never change. "Tsutsu!" I ran up to my loving boyfriend and hugged him tight.

"Good morning Ruru!" Tsukasa hugged back and I kissed him a few times. I loved so much when he called me Ruru. It made my head flutter out of my chest.

"Would you like to go sit on the bench by the lake for a while? We have some time before we have to get to school."

"Mhm!" Tsukasa and I let go of each other before quickly getting ahold of each others hands and sitting on the bench.

Reality. It always strikes me hard in dreams. But now is my chance to talk to his face with responses. I don't care if it's not truly him, the idea of him still comforts me enough.

"Tsukasa I'm going to leave my room. And this time i'm not jumping out the window again. I want to face my mother again. My heart will never be cured from its ache and I will never stop yearning for you but I know it's what you would want. I know you wouldn't want me to die like this. You would tell me something about how I can't just give up. And I can't bear to hear my mother plea for me every night. I'm unsure how Nene, Emu, and the others will react to this but I don't care what they think as long as I'm doing what you want me to. Tsukasa, if your spirit has truly made its way into my dreams, which I would like to believe has happened, will you tell me if what I'm going to do is the right thing?"

"Oh Rui." Tsukasa hugged me close. Tsukasa. It was Tsukasa's spirit here. I know it. "Yes Rui I'm so happy you've gotten better. You don't know how long i've been watching you and waiting for you to reach this point. This is why I gave your mother those urges to keep you alive. I knew that my lovely director would be able to pick himself back up. Rui, people make mistakes. And they are hard to live with but I am at peace. At least I now can be at peace because you will be at peace. What you are doing is the right thing and your mother will be so happy for you. I love you Rui and I will always be with you in your dreams."

"Thank you, Tsukasa." I hugged him tight one last time before I felt myself awaken.

~real world~

Awake, I woke up and I didn't feel that loosing emptiness. It felt so freeing. I was able to get up out of bed with a newfound energy and walk to the door. With quite a bit of hesitation I put my hand on the cold metal of the doorknob and twisted my wrist. I pushed my door open with a slight 'creek' and saw the familiar hallway of my childhood.

Rui's Mother's POV:

As I laid in my bed, trying to sleep but still being kept up by the horrible feeling of my beloved son keeping himself locked in his room for such an extreme amount of time. That's when I heard a distant mumbling. Could that by him? A newfound joy emerged in me as I went to stand outside of his bedroom door and listen. It was him. I hadn't heard his voice in such a long time, it felt like an angel singing from the heavens telling me that my beloved child had finally at least started to get slightly better. It left amazing.

~a few hours later~

creak

Creak. Creak. I played the sound in my head a few times. Creak. Creak. CREAK. "RUI!" I practically leaped out of my bed and swung my bedroom door open. I stepped out of my room and there I saw him. He looked broken, his hair had grown out to near halfway down his back, I could see scars all over, he had a stained white button up and his school uniform pants on and both of which were ripped, he looked filthy which made sense because he hadn't bathed or showered in quite a while, he had a bit of stubble on his chin, his clothes were loose on him and oh my god he was skinny. He was skinny before but now you could literally see the skin clinging to his bones. It was a rather horrifying sight but it was still my son. The son I still loved so much.

"Rui," Tears immediately formed in my eyes upon seeing him. I ran up to him and hugged him tight.

"H-Hey mom, it's been a while."

"Rui. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," I let go of him and smiled. I haven't sincerely smiled in so long. And I saw him smile too. I don't know how long it's been since he sincerely smiled.

"We need to get you food! And water come on!" I took him by the hand and went to the kitchen. When we got there i let go and got him a snack to eat now and some water and started making a proper meal for him. "You may not have energy to take a shower so i'll draw you a bath while you eat and i'll get you some clean clothes too."

"Th- anks" Rui's voice was broken and I assume it was because of exhaustion which made sense because he hadn't gotten good food or water in a long time.

==============================
i might make another chap of other ppls reacton to him starting to recover :)