Shoujo Rei 🥀

I forgot how the flower system worked so uhm ANGST!! Beware: death!! Suicide!!! Uhm... HOMOSEXUALITY!!!

Super short shoujo rei ruikasa fic bcs TheRealMizuki  mentioned it and I got rlly bored tonight and I wanted to write but I was attacked with writers block so here we are!!

-------------

Summer's heat is always unbearable but it's truly hard to bear the sweat on the back of your neck when everything else is already too much. The loud and seemingly never ending buzz of cicadas ringing through my head. The star keychain laying on the railroad track, it's smiling face snapped in half on two different sides of the rail. The lack of any real cohesive thought in my head while I coped with the sight I had just seen.

Rui Kamishiro, my lover and companion of several years, is now lying lifelessly on the tracks of a railroad on the coast of the sea.

And suddenly I realize that death is real. Death is real and it truly can hit you at any moment.

It's something you know as you grow up. Death is real and it's something everyone will have to deal with firsthand at some point. You don't realize the reality of it all until it's right in front of you. Staring at you through cold yellow eyes that were once so warm and found when they met yours.

His last words ring through my mind. "Till death do us part, and even beyond." Poetic up until his last moment. He always had a poetic way of saying everything, I used to tease him for it but now even mere moments without it I feel incomplete without those words, half of which I wouldn't understand.

Incomplete. My soul feels like it has been snapped in half like one of the tacky keychains we both kept on our school bags. I can't live an incomplete life. I can't even begin to describe the torture it has already caused within minutes of his death. I can't live a life without him.

How could he be so cruel?