Chapter 4: New Purpose

Zero slowly rose from the stretcher. He felt fine, maybe a little pain from his leg, but otherwise fine.

"I see that you're awake, Young Zero."

Zero whipped his head around to see a skinny man wearing baggy clothes, and his eyes were hard to see, but he could just make out blue irises within the shadows. His hair was a messy, bland yellow colour, but something about him seemed familiar...

"All Might?"

"Yes, Young Zero."

Zero looked up and down at All Might for about 30 seconds.

"Are you sick?"

The smaller All Might chuckled in response, though he coughed a little blood, "No, this is my true form."

Zero was still in denial. "What...happened to you?"

He lifted his shirt, revealing a giant scar that covered most of his left rib area. "This was a battle scar I sustained during my fight with a villain, All for One. This scar permanently inhibits my capacity to stay in my muscular form."

He kept going on, "I fear that after the battle with the Nomu, I've only gotten weaker."

"Why are you telling me this?" Zero asked, never expecting to hear any of this from the Symbol of Peace.

"I want you to look after my successor, Young Midoriya."

"Your successor?" Zero asked, raising an invisible eyebrow, "Is Midoriya?"

All Might nodded. "I've wanted you to know this because I expect you won't stay on Earth for long. Since I've heard you came here by accident."

Zero nodded, but he tried to wrap his mind around Midoriya being All Might's successor.

"Young Midoriya is a good kid, but he is still in a stage of learning, I think it's a good idea for you to watch over him, and also learn some positive traits from him, even if the public is against you now."

This went from being a bomb planted on Zero to a nuke. "WHAT?!" He hopped off the stretcher and stood up.

"I'm afraid so. The public didn't take the news lightly when they found out you were an alien."

Zero's mind raced in confusion and panic. He kept thinking back to the fight with the Nomu, "What went wrong?" He kept thinking to himself, pacing around.

"I wish things didn't happen this way as well," the skinny man nodded solemnly, "But, there is an upside."

The young Ultraman perked up. "Really?"

"Principal Nezu had talked through with Law Enforcements, saying that you haven't caused any indirect damage or harm during your battles. It also helps that Kamui Woods stood up for you, saying that you seemed confused when you first arrived on Earth."

"Kamui... Woods...? Oh yeah! The guy looked like he was wearing wood on my first day on Earth!"

"That's right," All Might nodded, "This was enough, along with other security camera footage, to keep you to stay under U.A.'s protection."

Zero looked off the building for a moment, observing the buildings. It was dawn, and the sun was rising. Another question bloomed in his head. "Why are you helping me? Don't you believe I'm just an alien that doesn't belong too?"

"That's what most U.A staff and other heroes believe," All Might said, looking into the distance, "However, I see you as my student... going through a stage to get to maturity."