eighteen

Maya

Grayson didn't text me again after our kiss.

In his defense, I did bail on him to go back inside so Francesca wouldn't get suspicious. Not to mention I blocked, then unblocked, his number in a span of hours.

Yet somehow heavy anxiety has been nagging at me ever since.

What if he hates that I'm Fox?

What if he realized I'm not his type after all?

What if we never speak again?

I knew I needed to rip the band aid off and text him first. I also decided I should change his name in my phone from Hound to Grayson.

His tongue was down my throat and he left a small hickey on my neck that I've been covering with concealer the past two days. It's safe to say we're on a first name basis now.

Maya: Hey... I'm sorry about Saturday night

Thirty minutes later, he still hasn't replied. I start to grow worried that we would never text again. Until my phone lights up with his response.

Grayson: For what?

Maya: Running out on you

Grayson: Don't apologize at all

Maya: I still wanted to.. We were kinda in the middle of something

Grayson: Fuck, Maya don't remind me. I'm getting turned on just thinking about it

A blush sweeps over my cheeks as I read that message.

Grayson: I need to see you

I really want to see him again. Now that we've established we're Fox and Hound, and had a steamy make out session, I'm not hiding my feelings anymore. I'm going to fully embrace him. Plus we still need to talk about the confessions.

He knows so many secrets about me and I'm sure he has a lot of questions. I have some for him, too. Regardless of what we wrote to each other, I fell for Hound and Hound is Grayson. It's time to accept it for what it is.

Before I can type out a response, there's a knock on my door. Raquel is at cheer practice and Francesca went to the library to study with Ethan. I quickly get out of my bed and rush to see who it is.

When I open the door, and see Grayson standing in front of me, I freeze.

What is he doing here?

After my earlier classes, I came home and changed into my pajamas. It's just a loose comfy tank top with fluffy pajama pants but the kicker is... they have cats on them. Not to mention I'm not wearing a bra or underwear. I look like a hot mess - minus the hot.

"Hi." I gulp and stare up at him.

"Hi." He smirks and looks at every part of my body. My chest heaves up and down.

I can't believe he's standing in my doorway.

My secret pen pal who's not a secret to me anymore.

"I was on my way out of practice and wanted to stop by." He strolls into my dorm with a stupid grin on his face.

His brown hair is a perfect mess. Even sweaty, he puts Greek gods to shame. He's wearing sweats and an open black zip-hoodie over his football jersey.

I cross my arms over my chest and watch as he stands in the middle of the room. Let's just say this tank top leaves very little to the imagination.