Part 5: The human friend

We got to the village a little before dark. As you would expect from humans, who aren't used to the outdoors, she complained the whole way. "My feet hurt, are we even close," was a constant one she said with different variations and she would constantly remind me that she has been on her feet all day. Once we were there I told her to go to the hut on the far right while I went to get a friend. She went and did not complain for once, just happy to be able to get off her feet. The evening air was moist and calming. Nights like this I would go on a walk to calm myself after being mad all day.This village is not solely humans or inhumans. Every species lives in this village and it's mostly secret. Tonight it seems like they are having a party of some sort so the streets are very busy.As I was still walking towards the hut I've visited multiple times before I heard someone calling after me, and before I could even see who it was they ran up and hugged me. "Aisha it's been moons since you've been here! What's brought you back this time?" "Hi Alison i've missed you too," I say as i give her a quick hug and then i fill her in on the situation with Rebbecca. Alison being human just watches with a blank face listening deeply to what I'm saying. She is my first and only human friend. I've known her since we were in diapers. "So I told her to wait in my hut so I could find you so you could help her find her way home," i said as i finished Alison looked at me like im dumb. "Okay, what's with the look?""So you're telling me she comes back to talk with you and you're just gonna push her away without even hearing her out? That's not right, Aish, not at all." Alison had crossed her arms shaking her head as she got up. In my mind I knew she was being reasonable, but this human has gotten me in trouble too many times. I need to get her back home safely. I have no time to figure out what this human has to say, she will not get me in trouble again."Rebecca get out here," I yell as we walk up to the hut I left her in. She runs out thinking something is wrong and I just roll my eyes. "Calm down dummy, this is a friend of mine, she will escort you back to the place you came from." I turn and walk into the hut and sit in the hammock inside and relax. Meanwhile I can hear them talking outside."Hi, I'm Alison but you can call me Ali. I'm so sorry about Aisha. She can be a handful. She hated all humans for a while after her mom was killed a few years back, even me and i was her girlfriend at the time, but she just recently started to be ok with humans again. She just always has her guard up now.""Oh wow you two are completely differen-" I cut off Rebecca by walking outside furiously. Of course Alison is so nice that she would tell all of our business. I wanted this human to know as little as she can about me as possible. I was not trying to let her get attached. "You both better start heading out if you wanna get there by sundown." I know they will have to walk because nobody has any cars in this little village. It takes them awhile to get going especially since Rebecca is trying to ask me questions about my past relationships.