THREE

"Okay, take care. Be super careful, 'kay?" Katsuma whined, looking up to green eyes. 

"Mhm, I'll be fine. Same thing as usual. Besides, I've got Blue to protect me, if anything happens." Izuku giggled, ruffling the child's hair. He looked down to the leash he was holding, connected to his pet's collar. "Okay, bye-bye now." He hummed, turning to undo the lock on the gates. He pushed the heavy door open, trying to make little to no noise since he knew his blond friend was still sleeping in the bunker. He managed to slip out, closing the door and hearing Shimano lock it again from the inside. 

"Okay, come on, Blue." He muttered, his voice barely audible through the metal mask. He glanced down to the panting Pitbull, walking off into strong winds. It was difficult to see, through the sand blowing around in the air, but Izuku and his dog both managed to reach Hosu city. Where buildings were still standing, unlike where his shelter was built. 

"Y'know, it'd be super handy if you could sniff out some food instead of radios." Izuku chuckled, sighing to himself as he glanced down to his pet. "Damn monsters." He huffed. After the nuclear power plant had exploded nearby, Izuku took on the habit of referring to the radioactive creatures as radios. It was way easier to say and he honestly couldn't think of something else to call them.

"We could always try the church again. I'm sure we could find more communion wafers in there. They don't taste much, but a good amount of them is good enough to keep someone's stomach from growling." Izuku mumbled, keeping an eye out for any possible danger. "I'm pretty sure we've already taken everything we could from the nearest supermarket." He hummed, crossing a street to continue his walk on a sidewalk. 

"Maybe, we could even take a longer trip, one day. Go over to the other supermarkets and try to find some edible things in there." He rambled. "Can you sniff out some food for me, boy?" He hummed, patting his pet's head. He glanced down to see Blue's fur was standing on his back, eventually coming to a stop and looking around. Izuku stood, stiffening as he examined his surroundings. Blue rarely acted like this, unless he could smell something was around them. 

"You okay? Blue?" The greenette asked, looking down. "Come on, boy. There's nothing around." He shrugged, tugging on the dog's leash. The pup immediately began following the short male again, only to come to a stop once more. Midoriya watched as the K-9 sniffed the ground, growling every now and then as he seemed to pick up an unknown scent. Izuku's brows furrowed behind the green fabric of his mask, as he didn't hear anything. If a radio was around them, he'd surely hear its footsteps or strange cackling noises. But it was dead silent, and he couldn't hear anything for miles, except for the strong winds blowing around them. 

"Come on, Blue. The church is just around the corner. If we don't find anything, we're going back home." Izuku hummed, now a little paranoid. His dog was acting weird, which meant there was possible danger around them. And if Izuku couldn't hear any radios, that meant something else might be near and waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. The greenette tugged on the leash once more, dragging his pet along with him as he neared the corner. He ignored Blue's whines as he fastened his steps, turning to the corner and immediately coming to a halt. 

His eyes widened at the black barrel pointing directly at his forehead. 

"Get away, damn it!" 

Blue barked, getting tugged backward as Midoriya stepped back. Green eyes trailed over a shaky brunette, holding what seemed like a rifle in her hands. Behind her, stood another girl. Most likely teenagers, if Izuku were to guess. Both of them were wearing identical school clothes.

"Get away! I'll shoot!" The brunette screamed, her voice cracking as tears pricked in her eyes. Midoriya glanced over her shoulder, examining the other teen who sported short, curly hair. It was dyed pink, obviously, since the roots of her hair were darker.  Her skin was tan - darker than the brunette's - and had pretty yellow eyes. 

"O-Ocha! Stop that! They've got a dog, they're human!" The pink-haired teen yelped, noticing the barking pup by Izuku's side. Midoriya waited, watching the shaky brunette slowly bring the rifle down and drop it to the ground. He ordered Blue to quiet down as he watched her bottom lip quiver, seemingly struggling to hold back tears. 

"I won't hurt you, you don't have to worry." Izuku spoke, his breath sending steam out of his mask. "I'm human, I assure you. Are you two alone?" He asked, leaning to the side to see if anybody was standing behind them. He watched as the brunette nodded, holding her friend's hand tight in her shaky hand. "My name is Izuku, you can call me Deku. This is Blue. He doesn't bite unless you try to hurt him. He likes getting pet on his head." He explained, watching the pink haired girl immediately approach the pup. He glanced down, watching his dog's reaction to the gentle pets on his head and neck. 

"What're your names?" The greenette asked, looking up to meet brown eyes.

"My name is Mina. Mina Ashido. This is Ochako Uraraka. We're friends. I'm sorry about the gun thing, Ochako's been carrying it around for weeks, thinking it's enough to scare those monsters off. Truth is, the gun didn't even have ammo in it." The pink-haired girl spoke, looking up from where she was crouched. "What's with the outfit?" She asked, her voice small. Midoriya scoffed, shrugging. 

"It's cool, it makes me feel like a hero." He chuckled, earning smiles from both girls. He had found Katsuki around this area just two weeks ago. And now, two young girls. "How old are you guys?" He asked, knowing they were definitely younger than him. He was 18, almost 19, and had graduated high school just before the apocalypse started. 

"We're both 17." Ochako spoke, still shaking. Izuku nodded, tugging on Blue's leash. 

"Are you injured?" He asked, watching Mina stand up. 

"No, we're okay. I think." She mumbled, glancing over to her distressed friend. 

"I see." Midoriya nodded. "I have a place not far from here. A place where we're safe and isolated from the monsters. Two other people are waiting for me there. Katsuki Bakugou, he's 20. And Katsuma Shimano, a young 9-year-old boy. There's food and water too, let me bring you there." Izuku spoke, two sets of eyes glued to him. 

"Yeah? You'd do that?" Ashido asked, hesitant. 

"I help people. Whoever I find, I try my best to help and send to a safer place on the edge of Japan." He explained with a shrug. 

"Food?" Ochako hummed, eyes widening. 

"Yeah. You two hungry?" He asked with a smile they couldn't see. He watched as both teens nodded frantically, making him smile wider. "Follow me, I'll lead you there. You can hold onto me if you're afraid of getting lost; the winds are strong once we exit the city." He explained, turning to start walking through the path he had come through. He felt Ochako's hand grip onto his sleeve, both teens walking side-by-side to his left. 

"Is it safe for you to walk around out here with no weapons?" Ashido asked, noticing the suited male wore a belt that didn't hold anything. No knives, no guns, no bombs... Nothing he could defend himself with. It wasn't possible that Blue could fight off those large, blood-sucking creatures. 

"I'm just lucky, I guess. I usually have no weapons. But I rarely run into those things anyway." He shrugged, remembering the empty rifle the brunette had left behind. "Now, come on, hurry. We have to get back soon before Katsuki wakes up and eats all the rations I've got. He's such a pig." He jokingly chuckled, earning smiles from both girls.