SIXTEEN

"I can't believe we're actually leaving this place!" Jiro smiled, stomping her foot on the dock as she looked over to the boats.

"It's so pretty here!" Katsuma exclaimed, watching the sunlight reflect off the water. 

"Yeah, as if it was never abandoned." Kirishima added, glancing over to a gloomy-looking greenette. "Hey, Deku, which one are we taking?" He asked, gaining the teen's attention. A silence roamed as Izuku shrugged, looking over towards a decent-sized boat. 

"This one seems fine. We just have to find one that has a full tank of gas. It won't get us to Korea but it'll get us damn close." The greenette mumbled, approaching the boat he had just pointed. It was clearly big enough to support their group, and Izuku discovered it had more than enough gas. After examining the watercraft and its engine, he gave his friends the right-away to embark. Katsuma and Buck were quick to jump on, followed by the rest. Midoriya stayed on the dock, glancing around to his surroundings as he struggled to keep a smile. 

"Aren't you getting on?" 

Green eyes shot back to crimsons, seeing a handsome face waiting for him. He nodded with a shrug before speaking up. 

"I'm gonna go check in the cabins, before we leave. There might be something we can bring along with us, some extra things." The curly-haired teen muttered, watching Bakugou's smile fade. 

"Oh. I'll come with you, then." The blond spoke, swinging his leg over the back of the boat to disembark again. Izuku's eyes widened as he waved his hands, giggling. 

"Oh no, it's fine! You don't have to come with, really! You... Stay here, and make sure the others don't mess up anything on the boat. Okay? I'm trusting you with this. You're my right-hand man." He winked with a smile. Bakugou stopped, a small smile appearing on his features. 

"You sure? Alright then." He chuckled, settling back onto the boat. The blond forced a smile as he watched his short friend walk off, an unsettling feeling taking place in his chest. 

Izuku waited until he disappeared from his friends' line of sight before letting his smile drop. He hadn't taken the right direction; the fisher's cabins were on the right side of their boat. He was headed left. He wasn't sure where he'd hide. But he knew he and his friends had made a deal... A plan. That no matter what, the boat leaves at sundown. Approximately 2 hours from now. All he knew was that he had to stay hidden until his friends left. He just hoped they wouldn't wait for him. 

He didn't want to part ways with them. And the reason why he decided to do it this way was because he wasn't sure if he was able to say goodbye without breaking down. 

Katsuma, the kid who had looked up to him for the past few months and with who he had shared so many laughs and good moments. He felt like a big brother to the boy and knew he wouldn't be able to party ways with the sensitive child. He knew he'd make Shimano cry if he told him he had to stay back and had to let them leave without him. 

Mina being optimistic and supportive in everything he did. Always trying to find a solution and trying her best to cheer up everyone around her. She'd surely try and find a solution this time too, and would want the greenette to come along with them which would only make Izuku feel worse about this situation. 

Buck, the pup he had rescued that reminded him so much of Blue when he was a young Pitbull. Energetic and always willing to receive pets and cuddles. 

Eijiro Kirishima, the guy who he had met only a few weeks ago. Yet, the redhead had helped him gain more muscles and train to fight in better ways. He was thankful to the positive man who always wore a smile no matter what.