paint me like one of your French girls (but not actually lol)

You weren't the best painter, nor were you the best at picking up hints...

"... this is atrocious."

You were not a painter. You were finding that much out right now.

"Well, don't say that. It has me in it, so it can't be that bad, ha ha." Wally jested.

Ehhh...

"Are you almost finished with it, neighbour?"

"I wouldn't say I'm finished, but I'm almost ready to give up, yes," you grumbled, the bristles of your brush carefully swiping some more paint onto the canvas. Yikes! Not carefully enough, it seems.

Wally noticed your grimace, laughing lightly. "It's going to look good, I know it," he claimed.

"You're easily pleased, though," you huffed, eyes flickering to him in a half-hearted glare. He giggled, shaking his head.

"I am honest," he grinned, raising his right hand to swear on it. "Cross my heart, always and forever," he promised, drawing the 'x' over his chest with a happy smile.

"At least I think I did Home some justice," you snickered with a shrug. "You, not so much, Wally. I think you can still tell it's you, though?"

"I'm sure I look amazing. Handsome!"

"I wouldn't use that word for it, but the real you is?" You offered.

"Why, you'll make me blush."

You laughed lightly and continued to paint, Wally remaining as still as a statue in his chosen position in front of home. His eyes never left you.

He loved the expressions you made. He just adored the twitch of your brow when you don't quite approve of a detail, the silly grimace you wear when you've made a 'mistake', the way your tongue poked out a little when you were extra focussed... You were so entrancing!

"... going to start being a bit less uptight now,"

Wally hadn't caught the first part, but figured out what you were saying.

"I guess I should probably give myself a little more credit than I am." A little smile tugged at the corner of your lips. Oh! He enjoyed that expression most!

"I'm happy you say that," Wally said, "I do mean it when I say I believe I will like it. Everyone has their own unique style. It's nothing less than that," he added, "plus, it's made by you. That gives it extra special points!"

"Special, alright," you joked quietly to yourself. It was definitely a unique piece, your painting.

"I just need to remind myself I don't have much experience with this," you sighed, "I need to cut myself some slack. I know practice is necessary to be as good as someone like you at this, and I haven't put much of that in,"

"And if you were ever interested in such, I would always be around to offer my help if you so desire," Wally assured.

"Thanks, Wally," you tore your eyes away from your work, looking over at him. "I appreciate you. Always so sweet to me," you sighed out dramatically. Unfortunately, your gaze didn't stick on him long enough to notice the redness growing on his cheeks from your compliments.

"Alas, I think I'm all done now," you giggled, stepping back from your work. Now that you look it over, it really wasn't too shabby, especially with your limited skill!

Wally stood up from his spot, starting his way over, as you turned the easel around so that he and Home could both see it. When Wally was close enough, he leaned forward a little, examining the painted canvas. Despite the knowledge that Wally would never judge you, your nerves twisted a little in your stomach as you watched his eyes study it with such intensity.