🖤The Narrator's Watch

Words:1966

Just a little bit of context for you, the Narrator's watch makes it possible for him to rewind time to reset Stanley after he dies. Stanley doesn't know this.

(TW: Blood, Zending, Suicide)
If you are uncomfortable with any of the above I do not suggest reading this, anyways this is my first story so enjoy! <3

--------------------------------------------------------------

Stanley Pov

Stanley tapped his pencil against the desk repeatedly. It had nearly been two hours since the Narrator had said anything, and it was bugging him. Sure, he liked to have a little peace and quiet every now and then, but this....this was too much. He had done everything correctly the past few resets, so he couldn't be mad at him, right?

He knew the Narrator hadn't left because he could hear him breathing. It was very faint, but still audible.

Narrator...I don't like this. Why aren't you speaking?

No answer.

This worried Stanley, maybe he had made him upset.

Stanley decided to try and find the Narrator. He had seen him a few times before, he was usually fixing visual bugs or relaxing in the zen room. But whenever Stanley got too close he would just disappear.

He made his way through the building, trying to be quiet in case the Narrator was near, he didn't want to scare him off. He walked through the right door, heading towards the employee lounge, maybe he was there?

He peeked into the room, but it was empty.

Dammit Narry...where the fuck are you?

Then he noticed something, a door. It was slightly open and light emitted from behind it's frame. How come he hadn't seen this before? Surely it was new.

He pushed the door open to reveal a small room, there were messy file cabinets and books strewn all over the floor. As he made his way into the room he saw a small desk, there were multiple monitors and buttons in front of it. Stanley stayed away from the buttons, he didn't want to click anything and trigger another countdown ending.

Suddenly he heard a noise from somewhere in the room and nearly jumped out of his skin.

HOLY SHI- Wait. Narry??

On the far side of the room lay the Narrator, curled up in a ball on a small armchair. He was out cold, snoring exceptionally loud.

He was also holding something in his hand. It looked pretty small and seemed to glow.

Stanley cautiously stepped over the trashed floor, trying to make as little noise as possible. He pried the item from his hand, examining it.

It looked like an old pocket watch. It was yellow and black, it also looked quite worn. He decided to take it with him, maybe he could use it to bribe the Narrator later.

Stanley turned around, trying to retrace his steps back to the door. He didn't want to get caught taking the Narrator's things, let alone be there when he wakes up. He would just get scared and hide again anyway.

Suddenly Stanley lost his footing, his body leaning backwards threatening to fall directly onto the Narrator. He shifted all his weight forward, dropping the watch and pushing his arms out in front of him to break his fall.

*CRASH*

He caught himself, his face barely an inch away from the ground. He pushed himself back up onto his feet, and then realized that he had dropped the watch.