7

Tanjiro's Pov

"Mr. Soyama and Mr. Soyama's friend, it's time to wake up!" I heard a voice call out and open my eyes, the woman who spoke was also the woman who had greeted Akaza last night, she opened the curtains. I sat up, confused. Looking around, I saw papers, notes and worksheets scattered around the bed, pens were on the floor or on the bed, and Akaza was slowly waking up. 

I pause. "Huh?" I mumble to myself. Why am I in Akaza's room? did I fall asleep? Was I that tired I fell asleep mid-tutoring lesson? Akaza sat up, he also looked dazed. I sat in silence, completely bewildered. "Would you like some breakfast, sir?" The woman asked me. I pause, blinking a few times, before pointing to myself. "..Me?"  She chuckled lightly and nodded. "Yes, sir. I am Mei, the head maid in this estate."  

".." There was silence. I was still processing what was going on. "N..No thank you.." I mumbled in an unsure tone. She nodded slightly. "If you change your mind, please come to me and speak what you would like for breakfast. I am happy to assist." She smiled. "Mr. Soyama? Breakfast?" She then turned to Akaza, who looked completely calm. "Not hungry." He said in a calm tone. She nodded and exited the room. I look at Akaza with a confused look. "What?" He asked, slightly smiling, he must be feeling smug. I probably fell asleep before him, which may be the reason why he feels so smug in this situation. "W.." I paused. "Nothing, uhmmm..." 

He chuckled and got out of his bed, walking through one of the doors attached to his room. I remained seated on his bed, still trying to remember how and when I fell asleep, then stood up, and decided to tidy the mess I probably caused. I tidied and sorted out the papers, putting the pens back in my bag. After finishing that, the door opened, Akaza looked.. Fresh. And nude. I glanced at the towels wrapped around his waist, and immediately turned around. I wasn't even aware he had showered, how long was I questioning last night.? "You should shower too." He states calmly. I remained turned away from him, in complete shock. Everything had happened so fast, too fast for my brain to process this early in the morning.  "Wh- yeah, I'll go home soon.." I replied, putting on a terrible act of calmness.  I hear a chuckle. "You'll be late. Shower here, I don't care." He spoke in an amused tone. I shook my head. "Uhh, no, no thanks." 

He stepped in front of me, and I refused to look at anything but his face. "Shower here." He said calmly, pushing a clean towel into my arms. "I.. I don't have a spare uniform." I replied in a quiet tone. "I do." He shrugged. "Why so nervous?" 

"Nervous?" I responded, there wasn't much else to say, really. "Are you too nervous to shower in a different house than your own? Want me to join you, for comfort? Or are you willing to quit acting like a child?" He spoke in a taunting tone, the smug grin never leaving his face. I furrowed my eyes. "I'm not a child. I'll do it by myself." I respond in a stern tone. "Good. I wouldn't mind the other option though." He shrugged, and stepped away, walking into another room for a moment before coming out with the school uniform, not exactly the full set, but uniform. "In case you're too scared to dress in front of me." He chuckled. I give him a blank look and walk into the bathroom, closing the door and then returning to my shocked self. I feel like I'm going to die, but showering is vital. 'yeah, it's just a shower. A shower is a shower. Just shower and dress, simple.' I think to myself, hyping myself up while taking a deep breath and removing my hanafuda earrings, which I shouldn't have really slept in. 

I hesitantly stripped, then stepped into the shower, which looked too expensive for a shower. I turn it on and shower quickly. It was a quick, cold shower to wake myself up and quickly clean myself. It lasted only 10 minutes, which was longer than I had preferred. I step out, drying myself with the towel quickly, and changing, putting my hanafuda earrings back in. I stare at myself in the mirror. I look like the definition of a delinquent. Loose uniform, which could be excused since Akaza is older than me. Messy hair, which could also be excused, since the product I use isn't here, and even if it was, I wouldn't use it since it's not mine to use. My hair is still damp and un-styled, which is new for me. I carefully fold my uniform from the previous day and step out of the bathroom, putting it in my bag. I ignored Akaza's giggling. He was thankfully fully clothed now, wearing the same thing as me. "Ah, this is perfect." He giggled, I was slightly annoyed, it wasn't like I had many options. "Well, let's go. You have shoes, right? Or do you want to use mine." He added, which only made me more annoyed. "I have my own shoes."