Chapter One

Your POV:

I've lived in California for nearly a month now. I moved here on my 18th birthday, which was on April 27th. I need to get out of this house and explore what California has to offer. I get up and go through my closet. I pull out one of my favorite outfits which contains my red plaid flannel, my ripped up black shorts, my black boots that have shoe laces on them and silver spikes on the back, and my black backpack with a white pentagram on it. I straighten my long black hair and comb my emo like bangs. I then tease my hair a little and put on my black beanie. I put my strainer on my wooden table and go into the bathroom. I pull out my makeup and do the cat eye look with my extra dark black eyeliner to show off my bright blue eyes. I then go over it with my black eye shadow to add a faded look to my eye liner. I grab my phone and my headphones which are a faded red color and has silver spikes on them. I play my favorite song, My Medicine by The Pretty Reckless. I then grab my keys and walk out of the house, locking my door behind me. I began walking down the street and I turn left which is when I see the Chinese Restaurant. I order beef lomein. While I wait for my food three boys come up to me and flirt with me. The one that's wearing a tie on his arm with his muscle tank like a douche, slaps my butt. I roll my eyes as they talk about how my style is hot and make the sexest comments. I've literally had enough of this but I ignore them. I grab my food while they try flirting so I finally scream at them.

I yell, "I don't want your baby dick or your steroid filled body so stop trying!"

I then walk to the booth in the back of the restaurant and eat while listening to, Her Name Is Alice by Shinedown. After I finish I walk back home to find out I forgot to turn off my straightener and my house is on fire. I threw my hands in the air and let them fall hard as I watched the firemen pull up. At least they saved my cat. After they handed me my cat, Oreo I walked down the street with him in my arms. I remember when I first got Oreo. He was homeless and we thought he was a girl. Originally my mom wanted to name him Socks but I liked Oreo better. I didn't name him Oreo because he was black and white. I named him Oreo because the white fur on his face made it look like he had a milk mustache. I smiled at the memory as I walked slower. I was no longer looking in front of me. I was looking down at my cat smiling. I then ran right into somebody.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry," I said kinda embarrassed.

I look up in shock of who it was.