Chapter 2: Great Grand Dragon Of The East

The Dronecopter stayed floating in the sea, just barely in one piece. The team was seated in the control room, with the water filling above their seats, Tang jumps up from under the water, "We're alive. We're alive!" The Dronecopter begins breaking under pressure, with water leaking in from the cracked windows. "Maybe hold that thought?" Mei comments to Tang before getting slapped by a random fish. "Here we finally get away from Macaque and now we all get to drown!" Pigsy yells as pulls himself up from the rising water.

Sandy stands at the control panel, observing the vehicle's status, "This drone, it's not water adventure friendly!" Sandy smacks the side of his head as he speaks, how did water travel not cross his mind when building it? "Monkey King, you've gotta do something!" Wukong lies on his side, grabbing a handful of water and splashing it on himself, "Huh? Why? A little water never hurt no- Oh! Right, mortality." An alarm rings, warning of an incoming object, "What was that?" The vehicle shakes as the object arrives closer.

"Something big!" "Guys, relax. Pretty sure this is just an old friend of mine who's come to help out." outside the ship stood a large, teal, dragon mech, staring down at the vehicle with violet-glowing eyes. Wukong looks a bit closer, "Actually, 'friend' might be stretching it." The mech grabs the Dronecopter and chucks it onto a dry spot of the sea, the vehicle smashes into pieces with the crew unharmed. The team trembles at first before staring in awe at where they landed. "The Dragon Palace of the East Sea. We're in the Dragon Palace of the East Sea!"

"Yeah, this is my kind of my sorta old buddy's house, where I got my staff." Wukong smiles up at the palace, Pigsy doesn't seem convinced "Got? Or..." "Took, right? You took it? Oh, boy." The front doors to the palace open with guards entering the front, "Oh, here they come! Smiles, everyone, smiles!" The guards move away, revealing the Dragon of the East. Wukong puts on his biggest smile when he sees him, "Hey! Ao Guang! Long time no-" "Sun Wukong!" Ao Guang yells with a rooted voice, Wukong's smile shifted into a pout. So much for a warm welcome.

"You dare return to my domain? After humiliating me, tricking me?" Ao Guang roars over them, Wukong stutters over his words, "Wha-what? The staff? But th-that's a total misunderstanding-" "And now I have learned that it has been lost?! You have given the evil Lady Bone Demon exactly what she needs to destroy us all! I should execute you where you stand!" Mei, MK and Tang whisper behind Wukong, "I thought you said he was your friend." "He knows about the Lady Bone Demon?" "What are we going to do!?"

"Relax, I got this." Wukong shifts back into a cheeky grin, "Hmm, maybe you forgot. I am the Great Sun Wu-" Before he could finish, Ao Guang summons his dragon form and knocks Wukong back. "Do not try to fool me a second time, trickster! I can sense your weakness. Your power is all but consumed." Palace guards swarm the team, preparing to attack, Mei instantly pulls out her dragon sword to fight back. Ao Guang catches sight of the sword as the jade blade shines in the light. "Halt!"

The Palace Guards immediately step back and place down their weapons, "Where did you get that?" Mei lowers her blade, "Um, it's mine? My family's?" "I know this blade. It belonged to my brother, the Dragon of the West. You mean to tell me you are a descendant of Ao Ji?" Mei nods, MK butts into the chat, "Uh, Mr. Dragon of the East, sorry to interrupt this little family whatever it is, but... you know about the Lady Bone Demon." MK pulls out the map, "What she's capable of? We can stop her, we just need-" Ao Guang uses his dragon form again, to snatch the map away.

"Hey!-" "You would tell me how to protect my people? When you have unleashed this blight back into the world?" MK gets personally hurt by the last comment, "Wow. Okay. Fresh wound. Just going to let that bounce off me." "Bring the girl. Imprison the rest." Ao Guang turns back into the Palace with his attendant dragging Mei in with them. "Mei!" "Don't worry, guys! I-I'll figure something out! I-" Wukong quickly uses telepathy to speak to Mei, "Nothing's more important than getting that map back. Understand?"