Chapter 1: On The Run

The temple of the Lotus Prince shook with the inside commotion, a map hovered in the centre, standing in front of a lotus flower display. An explosion erupts from the side, Sun Wukong jumps away as pink flames charge toward him, he blocks it back mid-air only for it to lunge forward, pushing him back to the wall. Wukong gives a heavy push, throwing it into the opposing wall, with a clear shot at reaching the map in front of him, "Finally, an opening." Wukong runs forward to the map, only for a seal to block and blast him back. "Ugh, the old magical barrier trick. I should've seen that one coming."

"That seal is strong enough to protect the map from any who would steal it." The pink flame drops in front, revealing the third lotus prince, Nezha, "Even you, Sun Wukong. Do you have any idea what you're doing?" Wukong pops off the wall to properly speak to Nezha, "Uh yeah, I'm the Monkey King. Trust me! Besides, they said I could guard the map." "Trust you?" Nezha chuckles as if it was a dry joke, "No. You ruined any chance of that long ago." Wukong grins at the deity before him, "Honestly, Ne Zha, when did you stop being fun?"

Wukong charges past Nezha to reach the map, Nezha grabs Wukong with his red ribbon, raising him only to drop him down onto the floor. Wukong hops back as Nezha attacks with his spear, pushing both further away from the map. "I alone should've been entrusted with keeping that map safe." Nezha says as he aims a downward strike with his spear, Wukong jumps and dodges the blow, landing above the lotus prince, "Somebody's sounding jealous!" Wukong jumps down to throw a punch, which Nezha dodges.

"It was our solemn duty. Our oath was to protect this world from the Samadhi Fire! And the child who wields it!" Nezha drifts toward Wukong, grabbing him with the ribbon and tossing him back, "Yeah well, something worse came along. Why do you think I need this? Come on!" Wukong rushes back to the map, Nezha strikes down with his spear, and Wukong blocks the strike. "Out of respect for your past friendship with the great monk, I will allow you to leave this place safely. But the rings must remain hidden. And the fire, within the calf. The map stays here now."

Nezha applies more force to the strike, Wukong struggles to hold his spear in place, "I know you take your security job pretty seriously, but I do need the map. So you see the problem right?" Wukong dashes above Nezha, ripping his hair and blowing out clones, the clones tackle Nezha and hold him down. "You want me to leave it, I want me to take it! Eh, it's a toughie." Wukong stands in front of the map as Nezha tries to fight off the monkeys above him. "Don't do this!" "I'm sorry, it's the only way."

"Wukong, that barrier is designed to protect that map at all costs. If you force your way through it, it could destroy us both!" Wukong smirks at the warning, "Yeah, I know. But you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette." "What!? That doesn't mean you should!" Wukong preps himself as Nezha continuously protests behind him, Wukong pushes himself toward the barrier, but the barrier pushes back, Wukong keeps his stance and pushes his arms past it, he forces himself closer until he could reach the map. Wukong grabs the map, and the barrier explodes from the contact, destroying the temple and blowing it into pieces.

Nezha stands from the rubble, gripping his gut as he looks over the debris, "Wukong..." He hears Wukong laughing behind him, Wukong too, appeared injured, his clothes were ripped and singed with his skin scratched and bruised. "Look Ne Zha, keep up the training. Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll be tough enough to beat me!" Thunder and lightning strike as the sky quickly shifts from a sunset pink into royal blue, and a mighty gust of wind pushes Wukong slightly back. Wukong knew who that was, what it was, "Kid!"

Wukong jumps off the temple ground onto his mystic cloud, "Wukong, you idiot! You'll doom us all!" Wukong ignores Nezha once more and charges off, Nezha leans over the remaining rubble as he watches Wukong leave, "Wukong, you fool..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It was then when the Lady Bone Demon played her final move. Even with the combined might of the Monkie Kid and the Monkey King, their all was simply not enough. The villain was victorious, plunging the world into darkness."