twelve ; roar.

I hope you like this chapter.

*****

April 26th, 2022

The room is dark, save for the dull flicker of the old tube TV in the corner. The glow from the television illuminates the warn wood paneling of the wall, Roseanne taps her finger against the table top, watching as a familiar story begins.

"Good evening I'm Tom Baker."

"And I'm Hellen Witt."

"Our top story today is about a couple of teens who are banned from attending their high school prom." Tom announces.

Roseanne leans back in her chair with her typical nervous knee bob, eyes never leaving the screen. She doesn't remember the interview, their parents must have sold this story.

"They have been told that the PTA put a ban on the dance for them because they're expecting a child."

Roseanne's eyes flick over to Jisoo as she smooths her dress over her belly, it's a little tight but they didn't have much time to find something.

"They're intending to sue the school this coming Monday morning. Good luck to the two girls." Tom says, finishing the story.

The TV flicks off and Roseanne glances up at her father.

"No use getting yourselves worked up over this, you're going to do great," he says, taking a seat next to his daughter.

Roseanne nods. She attempts to grab Jisoo's hand but just as her finger tips touch Jisoo's the door opens.

"They're ready for you," the bailiff announces.

Roseanne's heart races, she stands, wiping the palm sweat onto her slacks. All that's left is her testimony.

*****

April 19th, 2022

All three parents thought it would be best to take Jisoo and Roseanne out of school for the rest of the day. Both upset over the whole situation. Both phones blew up once they missed second period.

Their friends sent text after text asking what happened and if they were okay. The only thing their parents allowed them to say was that they got the rest of the day off from school.

Jisoo and Roseanne sit on the couch in the Kim's living room as their parents all decide the next step to take. Both girls watch Gongyoo pace back and forth, Jisoo has never seen her father this upset before.

"This can't be legal," he says into his phone.

They guess the lawyer on the other end agrees, when Gongyoo's shoulders relax and he sighs, "Thank you," he says, "We'll see you later."

Gongyoo hangs up the phone and pats Jisoo on the head, "Don't worry kiddo, everything will work out."

Jisoo nods, holding onto Roseanne's hand.

Seojoon walks in the room, pocketing his phone. "I just got off the phone with The Red Times, they're sending a reporter over."

"Is that necessary?" Roseanne asks.

"The more publicity the better," Eugene says.

The girls look at each other, Jisoo rolls her eyes.

"Well if you don't mind, I'm taking Roseanne upstairs, you guys are stressing me out." Jisoo says, tugging on Roseanne's hand and the two make their way upstairs.