seventeen ; best day of my life.

Extremely short chapter today 😬

*****

June 5th, 2022

Two weeks after graduation and just ten weeks until giving birth, Jisoo is not ready to face the day. Her back aches with each small movement. She wiggles in bed before attempting to switch sides. She groans, flipping again to try to find a comfortable position.

"Babe," Roseanne says, sitting up on her elbows and rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Sorry," Jisoo says with a huff and falls back against the pillows.

Finding a comfortable position is much harder these days. Her stomach is larger and she aches in no matter what position she's in. Jisoo lays on her side, tucking a hand under her pillow.

"You're fine, just relax," Roseanne says, wrapping an arm around Jisoo's middle and snuggling into her back.

She's finally comfortable, she closes her eyes, relaxing into Roseanne's cuddles.

Then there's a knock on the door.

Jisoo groans, throwing her head back in frustration, knocking into Roseanne's face.

"Fuck," Roseanne yells.

Eugene peaks her head in the door, "everything okay in here girls?"

"Mom!" Jisoo yells, pulling a sheet up to her naked chest.

Eugene backs away, covering her eyes with her hand.

"Sorry, sorry, tell me when you're decent." Eugene says from behind the closed door.

Roseanne snickers, holding her nose.

Jisoo glares at her, "It's not funny," she snaps.

Jisoo pulls Roseanne's hands away from her face to inspect the flesh. Satisfied there's no injury Jisoo allows her to move.

"It's kind of funny," Roseanne says, crawling over Jisoo to grab them both some clothes.

She idles over Jisoo for a moment, placing a kiss to her lips.

"I love you," she says, eyes softening.

Even after a month, Jisoo's heart still flutters over the words. Jisoo will never get tired of hearing it.

Roseanne crawls from the bed, digging through Jisoo's dresser. She pulls out some comfy clothes for both of them. The two dress quickly and meet the Kim parents downstairs.

They can smell the food from the stairs. When they arrive in the kitchen they drool at the assortment of breakfast foods, Jisoo's stomach growls at the prospect.

"Before you dig in, Jisoo we have a surprise for you." Gongyoo says.

Jisoo's hand pauses over the pancakes, she sighs, shoulders shrinking and follows her parents out the front door. She gasps at the sight. A brand new 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee sits in the driveway with a bright red bow attached to the top.

Jisoo's mouth opens and closes, she turns to face her parents, "it's mine?" She asks.

They nod and Jisoo scoops them both into a hug.

"We wanted to get you a car for a while now, we decided to get this one because it's supposed to be a very safe vehicle for a baby." Gongyoo says.

"Thank you!" Jisoo says, tears already running down her face.

Gongyoo hands over the keys and Jisoo goes over to inspect the inside. She tests out the seats, changes her radio stations then adjusts the rear view mirror. That's when she notices the carseat.