nineteen ; here comes the sun.

I hope y'all like this chapter. 😉

*****

July 24th, 2022

"The baby's head is facing down, that's great progress," Dr. Sohee says, "You're not dilated yet, which is not surprising since you're still carrying pretty high. I anticipate the baby dropping into your pelvis sometime this week."

Dr Sohee types on her computer as Roseanne helps Jisoo sit up.

Her belly is very large at this point, she finds it hard to do most things on her own. Roseanne's always there to be helpful, whether it be getting Jisoo a glass of water or tying her shoes for her.

"Everything looks good Jisoo, I'll see you both next week." Dr Sohee says, she stands and leaves the room.

Roseanne helps Jisoo down from the exam table and the two follow Dr. Sohee from the room. Eugene couldn't make the appointment today, she had a shift at the hospital, leaving Roseanne to drive both of them.

"Did you want to work on the nursery today?" Roseanne asks.

"That sounds great," Jisoo says, rubbing her belly.

Roseanne drives them to their apartment. When they arrive they unload the car from their trip to the store, prior to the doctors appointment. Jisoo goes to lift a box with the baby monitor in it but Roseanne swipes it from her hands.

"No heavy lifting," Roseanne says.

"I'd hardly call that heavy, it probably weighs less than the baby," Jisoo says rolling her eyes.

Roseanne grins, stuffs the box under her arm and grabs about six bags, leaving Jisoo with only one. Jisoo sighs and shakes her head, grabbing the solitary bag from the back of the car.

They make their way inside, their apartment still smells like fresh paint, they open the windows letting in some fresh air.

They've been staying at Jisoo's parents house most of the time, even though there's a bigger bed in their apartment. Jisoo says it's because she wants to be closer to their doctor, Roseanne knows it's because she'll miss her parents.

Roseanne dumps the bags in the hallway, stretching out her aching arms. Jisoo sets her bag down on the counter, rummaging through it.

"Rosé, did you buy batteries?" Jisoo asks.

"Right here," Roseanne says.

"What about a thermometer? Do you think we have enough diapers?" Jisoo asks.

Roseanne comes up behind Jisoo, wrapping an arm around her waist, she places a kiss to her cheek.

"Baby, it's fine, we got all that stuff at the baby shower." Roseanne says.

Jisoo leans into Roseanne's arms and sighs. She closes her eyes and relaxes as Roseanne rubs her belly gently.

"Only a few more weeks," Roseanne says into Jisoo's neck.

Jisoo nods, spinning in Roseanne's grip, she places a kiss to her lips then drags her to the nursery.

"We have work to do, and by we I mean you." Jisoo says.

Roseanne allows Jisoo to drag her away, they stop inside the room, admiring the pastel purple the landlady painted the room. They had to pay a little extra but they're more than accommodating here.