fourteen ; safe and sound.

I hope you like this next chapter.

*****

April 26th, 2022

"Well the good news is that your cervix is still closed, the baby shouldn't be going anywhere any time soon." Dr Sohee says, lifting her head from under the sheet.

Everyone in the room releases the breath they were holding. Jisoo squeezes Roseanne's hand tightly.

"Why was she in so much pain?" Roseanne asks.

The doctor smiles, typing away in her computer.

"Well these are her body's way of practicing for labor. My guess is that you've been under a lot of stress lately, right Jisoo?"

Jisoo nods.

"Stress can cause all sorts of things to go wrong during pregnancy. When you get home I want you to take a bath, I want you to relax your body."

Dr. Sohee disposes of her gloves in the wastebasket.

"I want to see you again in a week, then we'll see about prom, congratulations on the win girls."

*****

Roseanne draws a bath for Jisoo when they arrive home, she even lights some candles from her own collection. She helps Jisoo into the bath, her tension melting away as the warm water eases her aching muscles.

"Dr. Sohee was right, this is just what I needed." Jisoo says, sinking into the water.

Roseanne smiles, sitting near the edge of the tub. She can't help but to rub Jisoo's bump that's sticking out of the water. She rests her head against the tub.

"Have you thought about any names yet?" Roseanne asks.

"Only one..." Jisoo says.

Roseanne lifts her head, she dips her hand in the warm water, pouring some onto Jisoo's exposed skin.

"And?"

Jisoo bites her lip, unsure if it's a good idea.

"What about... Minyoung?" Jisoo says.

Roseanne stops her movements abruptly, her mouth opens and closes. Tears well in her eyes and she swallows down the lump in her throat.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

Jisoo nods, placing a hand to Roseanne's cheek. She wipes at the tear threatening to fall. Roseanne nuzzles into her hands.

"I'd love that Jisoo," Roseanne says.

*****

Jisoo is practically falling asleep in the tub, could be from relaxation, could be from low blood pressure, could also be because of the events of the day. Whatever it is, Jisoo is tired and Roseanne has to help her into bed.

Roseanne holds out the towel for Jisoo, she wraps her up in it snuggling tight. She guides her out of the bathroom and sits her down on the bed. She digs through Jisoo's closet for comfortable clothes and hands them off.

Jisoo slips into a baggy shirt and a pair of boyshorts. She lays back in bed, snuggling under the comforter. Roseanne turns to leave but she hears Jisoo's soft voice, "you aren't going home are you?"

Roseanne turns to face her, scratching her neck, "Jisoo you need your rest," she says.

Jisoo pats the empty spot next to her.