𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐞𝐧 ; the devil on her team

✵ ──────────────── ✵

ii. ten :the devil on her team

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: all the good girls go to hell - billie eilish

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in London

── ✵ ──

As soon as she arrived by the waterway, Curly told her that he had persuaded Thomas to lie down by the cot and that he wouldn't rest until she got by beside him. Upon hearing that, the woman felt a brief surge of pride, but fear quickly swept that emotion out of sight. 

She was about to push the barrier into the confines of the vessel, dividing it from the diminished nighttime and the darkened, tiny makeshift quarters, when she was thwarted by Charlie.

"Be careful, Mari." he said. She sensed warmth there, but the expression in his eyes suggests otherwise; if only the area had been more well-lit, she would have noticed it as a warning. However, she chose not to; instead, she simply waved good-bye and nodded.

She has to duck inconspicuously as she moves into the relatively small, makeshift space so as not to disturb the man who has settled on the flooring. Mar approaches, carefully aiding the individual up.

"Lay down there," she said as she prompted him to the makeshift mattress, taking off his peaky cap and mopping her fingertips on his damp tresses. She yanked the blankets open for him. "There, just sleep."

Curly got down to business above deck, and the craft commenced to move.

Marianna wasn't quite sure what Thomas was saying as he muttered with his wise eyes closed to the outside world. In his drowsiness, he grumbles. She stroked across his forehead a second time, scowling at how sweltering he was.

She decided to let him sleep for as long as he could. Hopefully, Thomas could become better in a resting state.

Mar was all set to turn around so she could begin seeking something that could serve as a place to sleep when she suddenly felt a touch of warmth on her wrist.

"Mar." Thomas muttered softly, barely audible to her.

Mar looked at him softly and asked, "Yes?"

"Keep loving me," The blue-eyed Shelby mumbled in his drowsy state. "Don't let go of me; just keep loving me."

Her eyes began to well up with tears as she struggled to understand where the words had suddenly come from. She is unaware of the circumstances surrounding his words, but they still hurt her. For some reason, it causes her excruciating pain.