diary entry 5: sweaty eyes

___________________________________
April 13 2001

Dear diary,
These past days have been amazing ever since I've finally verbally talked to Murdoc! We've been hanging around each other a lot, even spending lunch together and sometimes doing some assignments together. He's really fun to have around, I've also been learning a bunch of stuff about string instruments from him.

I've never been very good with string instruments so it's nice that he's been teaching me about them. Though he's been as flirty as always, it doesn't really bother me anymore, just like his smoking habit, as well as the nicknames he gives me. For some reason I've now grown accustomed to the smell of cigar smoke in the house and even whenever Murdoc smokes. Of course the smell is still kinda disgusting though, but still I don't feel as repulsed by it as I did before. Also I keep cleaning his ashtray, mostly due to it becoming a habit.

I've even talked to him. Sometimes when he smokes at night, I sit on the couch and talk to him. Although sometimes I just read comics while he smokes and he even comes to read with me whenever he stops smoking. The other day I remember that he actually fell asleep on the couch while listening to me ranting about the comic I was reading, probably because it's Iron Man and it's not as great as Spiderman (or at least in my opinion he isn't). 

We actually tried cooking together yesterday since we were getting tired of takeout and frozen foods. It turned out all burned and it tasted like shit so lesson learned, no more cooking for us unless we want to burn the kitchen next. At least we found another restaurant around that wasn't so expensive so we ordered from it, it was a nice tasting pizza. Though Murdoc wanted to order meat lovers and I told him I don't eat meat so he called me a pussy, that just started a pillow fight between him and me. It was fun, but we got a lot of fuss in our mouths and I even choked on my spit from laughing after making him surrender and he ended up winning.

Anyways see you diary, I'll try to write on you more often and tell you more of the dumb things me and Mudz do!
___________________________________

2d POV

I left my precious diary on my cabinet just like I always had been doing as well as leaving my pen beside it. My bones cracked slightly as I stretched and got up from my bed after about half an hour of being there listening to music as well as writing in the notebook I poured my ideas into. Walking over to the door I heard shuffling of keys outside the apartment, knowing it was my new friend I calmly got out of my room and went over to the couch to wait for his fiddling to stop. 

The jingling of the keys finally stopped and the door being unlocked was heard and he entered kicking the door seeming angry. He furiously stomped over to the window and opened it harshly, he got out a cigar and started smoking like he usually did. "Well someone's in a mood" I whispered, more to myself than anything, he just shot me a look that made me gulp and fidget nervously with my hands, "do you want to talk about it" I asked as he took a drag from his cancer stick. 

He sighted and let out smoke from both his nose and mouth at the same time, "just some blokes outside campus who were evangelizing or something and they noticed my cross so they started to tell me about the 'lord or whatever' and I kept telling them to fuck off but they just wouldn't leave me be so I punched one of them..." he paused to catch his breath and take another drag of the cigar, he had started gripping his hair and doing very drastic movements with his hands that made it seem like he wanted to hit someone. "After I punched him the other one told him that it wasn't worth it and that I was probably satanic just because I have daddy issues and wanna act cool or some stupid shit like that." He took another drag and let out the smoke through his nose like a mad bull.

"Why should they get in my life? They don't even know anything about me, why do they care?" He asked gripping his hair as he slightly growled under his breath, letting out some curses and taking a few more drags. I looked at him sympathetically and walked over to him. I placed a hand on his shoulder, making him flinch slightly, "you want some tea and make some music after drinking it?" I asked him, giving him a kind smile. His gaze softened a bit and he just simply nodded. I walked over to the kitchen and prepared a jasmine tea for him to calm down and a peppermint tea for myself since it is my favorite.