General's Debrief (Part One)

Poe slips his hand into yours as the two of you walk through the base to Leia's office for the debrief. You can tell Poe's curious about what you've been up to while you were gone, even though you'd called him every day.

Leia is waiting for you, sitting at her desk. Aria is sitting in one of three chairs. When the you and Poe enter, Leia gestures to the seats next to Aria and the two of you sit down.

"Well, I'd like to start off by saying welcome back to base, Y/N and Aria," she says.

"It's good to be back. Really," you say. Aria merely nods in agreement. You see her fiddling with her hands in her lap; she's nervous.

"So, you've done a lot since you left. Was it all to deal with family stuff?"

"Mostly, yes. Some of it was more... personal," you say slowly. Aria nods beside you.

"Ah, yes, those matters. How about we save those until after you've recounted the rest of your travels?" Leia suggests. You nod gratefully, relaxing in your chair.

"Am I missing something here?" Poe asks. "Have you been keeping something from me?" He inquires in a softer voice, worry evident on his face.

"I'll explain everything," you say. "I just... I haven't even really processed it myself, so I've been trying to find as many answers as I can before filling you in on it."

"We can work through it together," Poe reasons.

"And we will, I promise, but-"

"Poe," Leia says, interrupting both of you. "You will be filled in, but I need you to be patient so Y/N can speak."

"But-"

"Poe."

Your boyfriend slumps in his chair. "Alright."

"Now, Y/N, Aria, why don't you start from the beginning. From the incident with the battle droids with Poe."

"Well," you say, "it started when we were kidnapped."

You and Aria relay the story of when your family had taken you. You tell Leia about Sellak and how much he helped the two of you escape. You specifically leave out the part where you had tried to kill Karmave with the Force. After that, you begin to relay other stories.

————————

[1.5 months after the kidnapping]

"Sellak? Have you fixed it yet?" You shout through the ship as you splutter through hyperspace. He doesn't answer. "Sellak!"

"Give me a minute, kiddo!" He yells back.

"This is gonna be a rough landing," Aria remarks, strapping in.

"No fucking shit!"

"Fixed it!" Sellak calls, appearing in the cockpit. He buckles into a seat.

You take a deep breath. "Hang on!"

————————

"Who are they?"

You look at Cal; he's pointing at Sellak and Aria, who are chatting by the ship.

"My grandfather and my sister," you say. "I told you about them."

"Well, I didn't expect..."

"Nice people?"

"Hey, you said it," Cal says, folding his arms over his chest. "With everything you've told me about your family, they all sound like shit bags."