chapter two

APOCALYPSE !
💫 chapter two
—   𝓪 𝓷 𝓰 𝓮 𝓵 𝓼

"So long as you fight the darkness,you stand in the light

you stand in the light."
Sabaa Tahir, A Torch Against the Night

【 ✵ 】

THE SHIP FINALLY ENTERED THE TATOOINE ATMOSPHERE, heading to land on the outskirts as to not attract attention as much as they could. The group consisting of Qui-Gon, Maddox, Laira, Jar Jar, and R2-D2 had began their departure from the silver chrome ship as the captain had shouted for them to wait, catching up with them with Padmé at his side dressed in more common street wear.

"Her Highness commands you to take her hand maiden with you."

"No more commands from her Highness today, Captain." Qui-Gon spoke. "The spaceport is not going to be pleasant."

"The queen wishes it. She's curious about the planet."

Maddox audibly sighed, "this truly isn't a good idea." Laira's uncle said in defeat as the Jedi Knights gave in. "Stay close, Miss Padmé.all

【 ✵ 】

THE SPACEPORT WAS CROWDED WITH DIVERSITY in both species and individual customs.

"Moisture farms, for the most part. Some indigenous tribes and scavengers. The few space ports like this one are havens for those that don't wish to be found." Qui-Gon had spoken. "Like us."

The young dragon hatchlings that were perched upon Laira's shoulders began quietly screeching in hunger. Laira dug her small hands into her satchel that sat comfortably on her hip and pulled out desirable portions of assorted meat for each of them. The white haired Jedi had yet to come up with suitable names for each of the dragons. One of the hatchlings, clad in sharp forest green scales with small stub-like horns nuzzled its face into their master's cheek warmly to which Laira smiled widely in adoration.

Qui-Gon and Maddox soon led the group to a smaller dealer. A door bell dinged, notifying the dealer of their presence.

"Good day to you." The dealer spoke in Huttese, a language Laira was still learning, though she knew the basics. "What do you want?"

"We need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian." Qui-Gon requested.

Now speaking Basic, the dealer responded. "Ah, yes! Nubian. We have lots of that." The winged dealer turned around, now yelling in Huttese. "Boy, get in here now!"