ChApTeR sEvEn - Apollo, you Dirty Player, This is All Your Fault (Kora)

Looking over the prophecy Delia had written down, I frowned slightly, trying to connect the dots. Alcyone and Ceyx, two lovers driven apart by their own love, were a part of this somehow. Follow the pretty bird across the sky... that meant the halcyon Delia had mentioned, right?

Wait. Recognition flashed in my mind as I sit upright. "Father of hyacinths... Does that mean Hyacinthus? One of you dad's boyfriends, right?" I asked, quirking up an eyebrow.

Delia squirmed at my wording, trying not to laugh. "Yeah, you're right! I think the part about 'can be resurrected by love's sins' must mean we can save him!"

I nodded. "Can I write down the prophecy? I need to go back to my cabin before mess hall."

She smiles, handing over the paper. "I'll leave you to it then! I have to go find my guitar, I'm trying to convince Will that we should sing You'll be Back at the bonfire."

I raise my eyebrows, but don't say anything, returning to writing down the stretch of riddles that decorated the page.

I finished up looking over my somewhat decent scrawl and exited the cabin.

As the sunlight hit my face, the voice in my head started piercing my mind. Clutching the sides of my head, I hiss in pain, stumbling around the pavilion for a support beam. Ultimately, I ended up falling over, blinding white pain wreaking havoc across my broken mind, and the dam I worked so hard to build finally snapped, and the raging torrents of screeches, and wailing and lies plagued my mind.

'Kora,' one rasped. 'Set me free and I will make sure the world will bend to our will.'

'Set me free'

'Set me free' 'Set me free'

'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free' 'Set me free'...

"Σταμάτα!" I scream, in an attempt to push the cries out of my head. But it was too late. My frustration mixed with their corrupt efforts rushed through my veins like streams of icy water and into the floor.

The huge crack in the pristine marble opened up, only a dark void underneath. I slipped, falling into the endless darkness, waiting for the abyss to overcome me. Maybe this was it. Is this what death felt like?

But it wasn't. Because I wasn't falling. I dangled off the side of the endless chasm, looking up to see a young girl. But it wasn't Delia.

I looked up to see the piercing gray eyes of Sophie Wood.