S1E7.

❝In: One's Good Graces❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Every evil to which we do not succumb is a benefactor.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Harding Boulevard, Southern University A&M College

Fiddling in her Dior cosmetic pouch, Celeste searched for the beauty tools she needed before she paused and let out a long, irritated sigh as the sound of a toilet flushing echoed in her college's campus bathroom. Her hands slacked in the opening of the case and she watched in the mirror as a girl emerged from one of the bathroom stalls behind her.

Celeste kept her narrowed eyes on the girl as she approached the sink and began to wash her hands, ignoring the annoyed glare being sent her way before she grabbed a napkin and walked out of the bathroom.

Rolling her eyes, Celeste went back in the Dior vanity case and rushed to find what she needed so she could get out of the public bathroom. "Fuck!" She hissed, mashing her MAC beauty blender sponge into the crease of her under-eye and frowning at the obvious cakey makeup. The purple and red bruise circling her right eye had lightened up in the last six days, but not enough to where she could walk around bare-faced. Fenty Beauty foundation and Maybelline Fit Me concealer had been daubed on Celeste's face more than usual this past week, and she was over it.

The miserable hoodrats who put her in the position to have her face painted like a clown all week long were going to get theirs—Celeste was making sure of it. After she put in the police report at the precinct, an arrest warrant was issued out for both Bina and Oria, and the school was contacted instantaneously.

The sit down with the dean of SUBR was just as fast—if not faster—than the response from the police, and after Celeste's Oscar-worthy performance of crying hysterically about the trauma the two of them caused her and how she didn't feel comfortable with them on the school's campus, they were expelled effective immediately.

Celeste smirked at the memory, letting a small chortle slip from her swollen lip as she applied another layer of Fenty lip gloss. All she had to do now was wait on the court date, and she couldn't wait. I'm gonna' milk their asses dry. She spitefully thought, leaning away from the mirror and popping her lips. Staring at her reflection to get a good look at her face, Celeste deemed herself as presentable before she started packing up, throwing the Dior pouch in its matching collaborated brand backpack and slinging it over her shoulder.

With her classes over for the day, and her afternoon free, Celeste planned on hanging out with Lottie, but the ghetto fabulous vixen never responded to her inquiring texts. "I wonder why she's not answering," Celeste mumbled to herself, walking out of the bathroom and leaving the business hall all together.

Jolting in shock from the sudden chime of her iPhone's ringtone, Celeste read the name appearing on the screen and grinned. "That phone better had been on silent with you just respondin' to me now," Celeste jested, laughing along with Lottie as she stopped to sit at one of the benches in the courtyard of the business hall.

"Girl, no! Don't even let me tell you how I was just in the biggest damn debate with this nigga 'bout holin' his car—this boy make me so sick, I promise! But I ain't got nothin' goin' on. I'm on my way to ya'; should be there inna' next 20 minutes. You at the schoolhouse, right?"

Holding true to her words, Charlotte pulled up in front of the campus two minutes shy of twenty minutes, ignorant and boisterous rap music blasting from the white and black 2019 Range Rover Evoque SE she rode in. Rolling her eyes with a small smirk on her lips, Celeste approached the car and shook her head when the passenger's side window rolled down.