Talk that Talk, Wakko

Part 46: Talk that Talk, Wakko

"Umm... hey, everyone." Wakko said in a low voice, the madness drowning his voice out. He should have figured, he chose to speak quietly. The toon took a step forward. "Hey! Guys! Uhh... I'm back!"

"Not now Wakko, we're trying figure somethi-" Brain replied, not even hearing himself. "Wait, Wakko?!"

"Uh... yep!"

The mouse turned around, and saw Wakko doing his usual goofy smile with a side of tongue- wait, that came out wrong - his tongue dangling from the side.

"Oh thank heavens, he's back." Brain muttered to himself while having a relieved smile on his face.

Pinky turned to face his friend. "Who's back, Brain? Poit!"

"See for yourself."

Pinky turned and gasped a loud, dramatic gasp. "He's back everyone! Wakko's back! Narf!"

Everyone quieted down and shifted their vision to said toon, whom was still smiling, albeit more sheepishly this time.

Wakko sighed. "Well, I guess I better apologize - hey guys, I'm sorry if I worried any of you, I don't know why I acted so... rash either. It's just a lullaby anyway. Sure, it was meant to be private, but you guys didn't know and it's no big deal now that I think about it... just do your best to forget about it... if not then that's fine."

The toon added the last part quickly. Sure, it wasn't a big deal, but it wasn't like he preferred anyone that wasn't himself or his siblings knowing it.

Nurse merely blinked in response. "Well... it's okay, dear. You just... really worried us is all."

"I know, I'm sorry." Wakko whimpered, cringing at the thought of how he acted.

"Hey! You're okay now! That's all that matters!" Adrian interjected with a proud look on his face.

"I guess..."

Brain heard Wakko's guilty tone, and his smile melted into a frown. "Is everything okay? Again, we can't apologize enough for breaching your privacy like that and we'd be happy to-"

"No, no! It's not that! I'm over it! I just said the last part without thinking like I always do and-" Wakko sighed again. "Sorry... I just feel guilty. Anything could have happened."

"Don't worry about it." Plotz rose a hand, joining in on the conversation. "Let's just be glad we got the best possible outcome."

Wakko was silent for a moment. "I-I'm confused..."

"About what?"

"I still feel guilty. What I did was really dangerous and uncalled for, and somehow you guys aren't mad at me, or are at least not showing it, and-"