Chapter nine

██████████𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

◥꧁ད 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 ཌ꧂◤

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

Malia stood in the middle of Frank and Sapphire. The three, plus Liam and Johnny were playing pool. Toby sat on the couch next to Tee who was cuddling her stuffed animal.

The atmosphere in the house had been dull ever since Carmen's mum had shown up. As soon as she had saw her mum, Carmen ran back upstairs. Malia felt bad for her.

"Poor Carmen." Tee sighed, stroking the ears of her teddy. A frown was held on her face as she continued to fiddle with the toy.

"Poor Carmen?" Johnny asked, raising his eyebrows confused. "Hasn't seen her mum in what, we'll not since we've been here." He took his turn. "And then screams her head off and runs away, how dumb is that? No way her mum's going to come back now."

Malia glared in Johnny's direction. She knew fine well she would probably react the same way if one of her parents showed up unexpectedly.

"Who cares, they're just parents." Sapphire shrugged, standing up from where she was leaning against her stick and walking around the table.

"Eh, you don't know what's gone on." Liam glared, looking at the boy annoyed. Malia nodded her head in agreement.

"Exactly. We're all in here for some reason or another. Maybe her mum didn't treat her as well as she should of." Malia said, now taken her turn at the table.

This time, Liam nodded his head. "Lia's right. She's probably got reasons why she doesn't want to see her mum." His glare hardened slightly. "What happens if she's like your dad?" He asked.

Johnny's eyes went wide as he stepped away from the table. "He's not our dad." He said, the anger evident in his voice.

"She's still your mum though, isn't she?" Liam asked once more, clenching his jaw. "I don't see her fighting to get you back."

"Liam." Tee said, standing up from the couch, dropping her teddy as she did so.

Johnny's face got angrier. He dropped his pool stick to his side and took a few steps forward. "You take that back." He warned.

Liam scoffed, meeting him in the middle. "Make me." He glared, banging his stick against the pool table.

Johnny raised his stick and hit it against Liam's arm. Liam held his arm in pain whilst Johnny took it as the opportunity to push Liam over the sofa.

"Liam!" He yelled, watching as Liam tumbled over the couch. "You started it."

"I don't care!" Liam huffed standing up and walking around the couch towards him. "Come on them, me and you." He grabbed ahold of Johnny's shoulders and dragged him onto the floor before sitting on him.

Sapphire, Frank, and Malia shared looks of annoyance before walking over to stop the fight. Tee tried to run over as well before Malia shouted at her not to.

Sapphire and Frank held Liam back whilst Malia held Johnny back who was trying to break free. Johnny finally got out of Malia's grasp by elbowing her nose.