Chapter twelve

██████████ 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

▌│█║▌║▌║ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 ║▌║▌║█│▌

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

Malia entered her History classroom, a confused expression on her face. Her usually empty two seater desk, which she sat at alone was not empty.

Instead, a brunette girl, with shoulder length hair and dark skin sat on the seat next to hers. Fixing the bag thar hung on her back, she hesitantly walked forward taken her seat.

The girl looked up, her eyes wide and innocent. For reasons unknown, Malia already felt protective over her. "Hey." She smiled softly, placing her bag on the floor. "Are you new?" She asked, though winced when she realized how obvious the answer was.

Breathing out a chuckle at her reaction, the girl nodded. "Yeah, I'm new." She said, her voice clearly anxious. "I'm Dylan."

"Malia, nice too meet you." She grinned, taken note of how Dylan anxiously played with her fingers. "I hope your good at history, cause I really need someone to copy off of."

Dylan laughed, nodding her head. "Only if your able to help me with my English work. I've never been good at it." She admitted, feeling a little more confident the more the two talked.

"You've got yourself a deal." Malia agreed. "Do you have any plans for break?" She asked, realizing Dylan probably didn't know anyone.

Dylan shook her head. "None." She shrugged, whispering as their history teacher entered the class.

Malia moved closer to her slightly, making sure her voice was quite. "You can hang out with me. I'll introduce you too my friend, you'll love him."

By the time class ended, the two girls had gotten to know each other better. Whilst doing their work, they'd also spent the time talking which resulted in their teacher handing them out several warnings.

"Liam!" Malia called, catching sight of her best friend who had been talking to three boys.

Nodding at the three, Liam left them, making his way towards Malia, his eyebrow raised slightly in confusion as a girl stood next her, looking nervous. "Alright?" He greeted.

Malia hummed. "This is Dylan, she's..." but she was suddenly cut off.

"They." They corrected, their voice small but both Malia and Liam heard clearly. Clearing their throat, they spoke a little louder. "My pronouns are they/them."

Malia nodded her head, before continuing to speak. "They've just moved here. Their in my history class, and so far they're really cool."

Dylan smiled gratefully, feeling their heart burst with happiness. Not only did Malia accept her without judgment, she didn't ask questions.

Liam nodded his head, a little confused but he would talk to Malia about it later. "Nice to meet you." He nodded his head. "Liam O'Donovan, smartest, hottest and best person in Malia's life." He grinned, throwing his arm around Malias shoulders.

Malia scoffed, "you sure about that, O'Donovan?" She asked, though she made no attempt at moving Liam's arm.

"I know so, love." He shrugged, bringing her closer if possible. "You can't even deny it."

Dylan looked between the two who looked at each other, jokingly arguing with one another. "Are you two together then?" They finally asked, minutes later when they still couldn't work it out.