With Adora

I watch everyone else leave with a sigh. I check my grocery list on my phone's note app. I then text Marx and Magolor to see if there's anything they want me to get here at Costco. Magolor suggests I get something for dinner and Marx asks for some macarons. I quickly add those things to my shopping list before entering the store to buy everything.

     After a while, I decide to just walk around and see if I can find anything that sounds or looks interesting enough to buy. Eventually, I see Scorpio and Sage zip by on a cart, Gemini running behind. Sage waves at me as it goes by, and I wave back at her cheerfully. Gemini then stops to catch their breath for a minute.

     "You good there, kiddo?" I ask her, as Gemini nodded.

     Then, I hear a crash and Gemini and I rush over to investigate, assuming it was Sage and Scorpio.

      "Oh my gods, are you two okay?!" I cry.

     "Mostly," the two say in unison.

     After Sage and Scorpio answer, a Costco employee walks over to us.

     "Are you people the ones who were causing all the noise?" they ask.

     "And that's my cue to get outta here," I mutter, darting over to the other side of the store.

     I find a couple more things to buy and proceed to checkout and run out to the bus and see Sage, Scorpio, Gemini, and Virgo.

     "Hey Virgo, what happened to your face?" I ask, noticing a slap mark.

     "A Karen" he says calmly.

     Then, we sit in silence, waiting for everyone else to get back.