Chapter 2- Why?

Why would they hate each other? How does that have ANYTHING to do with the situation right now.

I kept thinking. "You don't think...." Michael said. "I mean..." Rilee said. "No. No no no, he doesn't he couldnt- we hate each other. Well at least I for sure hate him" I said in denial standing up from next to Rilee.

Just then Astoria came prancing in dragging Mattheo with her. He looked at me like he wasn't sure about whatever he was thinking about. Like he didn't know whether to believe his own thoughts.

I begged the universe to take his eyes off of me but it didn't work.

I began wondering what death was like and praying that when they take me away Asher wouldn't get himself killed.

I'm not picking Astoria

Rang through my head. What the actual fuck.

I stopped zoning put for a second to see Astoria smirking at me all over Mattheo who looked uninterested.

"We just wanted to say our last goodbyes to our dear Brynnlee Hollow. Well miss you." Astoria said fakely.

Rilee got aggravated and Draco sat her on his lap to calm her down only to make her flustered. I just looked at her. "Well bye then." I said to clearly voice that I was waiting for her to leave impatiently.

She looked taken back by my snarky comment and mattheo looked impressed slightly which disgusted me.

Astoria then took his hand and walked out winking at me.

Man can this bitch die before me? I would loke to watch her die first, then kill me of course but just to watch her go before me so she doesn't get the satisfaction.

But what happened in my head? It's like a thought that wasn't mine. It's so confusing but I know it isn't mine. Was it Mattheo? It couldn't be. How? No it wasn't-

I was taken out of my zone by Rilee frantically saying how she would get away with murdering Mattheo and hiding the body and then Draco trying to cancel out everything she said.

"I could burn it-" she said pacing looking at the floor. "They could find the ashes, see the smoke or smell it." Draco passively argued. "I'll just make him disappear." "With what spell." It was honestly a bit much.

"I don't know what to do." I said suddenly snapping everyone out of their conversations and thoughts.

"We'll sneak you out of the castle." Asher said. "They'll come looking for her no doibt." Michael said.

Then Tom walks in. "Okay then what's your idea?" Asher asked Michael obviously aggravated by Michael's lack of enthusiasm.

"What are we talking about?" Tom asked me quietly. "How to save me from death." I said plainly. He mouthed an 'o' in understanding.

"Why don't we ask him to have me and Brynn married or pair her with someone else?" Tom said. "When has your father ever been negotiable?" Michael said as Delilah walked in. As she passed she ruffled Draco's hair.

I wish I was like her. Effortlessly beautiful, she takes care of herself without needing reassurance or relying on others, she's sweet not vengeful and she let's things go which no matter how hard I try I can't.

Mattheo finally joins the party. He sits in a chair and opens a book we all kind of ignore his presence and continue our conversation.

"I don't understand the point." I said. Everyone turned to me. "He only let's his own kids pick. Noone else had a choice or a say in it. And when they do decide you kill the others off! What sense does it make? You're losing more followers-" I rambled. "But he thinks he's gaining respect from people's fear." Draco said. "I just I can't do this shit. I've been loyal, I've followed his rules, I obeyed and bent my morals I've done everything right and I'm about to die because me and some arrogant asshole don't get along and he put me against astoria- which isn't fair because she's beautiful, easy, and has no problems other than being a stuck up bitch-" I continue. "Brynn." Tom said.

"But at the end of the day it isn't a fair bet she's effortlessly perfect I could never-" "brynn." Tom said a little louder only for me to ignore him again. "Even attempt to be as perfect but I just I don't understand why I'm in such a helpless position I mean-" "BRYNLEE!" Tom yelled grabbing my shoulders.

This caught mattheos attention. "Tom I don't wanna die." I broke down into tears. "I know... I know it's okay." Thomas said holding me in his arms as I sobbed.

I can't die. I haven't done anything yet. I wanna grow old and maybe even take over the wizarding world evily or heroic I dunno I haven't figured it out but that's okay I'm only 17!

I don't want a lizard to take my life away because I'm not his sons type.

"You wont." Mattheo said closing his book casually. We all looked at him. I forgot he was here.

He looked at everyone like he just gave us the clearest answer to a test and we marked the opposite on our papers.

"She's not gonna die." Mattheo clarified. "What are you talking about." "Don't mess around mattheo" "you're not funny" "what do you mean?" All these comments poured out of the others' mouths as I just kept eye contact with mattheo.

"I mean I'm not choosing Astoria. I'm gonna chose Brynn. Though I hate her with a fucking passion, Astoria's a slut and I'd ruin my reputation by going back saying my wife is a whore. At least Brynn has some sort of self respect." He said as he stood up and put his book back on the shelf.

Oh and don't say she's better than you. Because you're fucking gorgeous

There it is again and as I looked at mattheo- my main suspect- he winked at me.

Then he walked out the door. I looked around to see if anyone else noticed. They didn't except for Tom who gave me a 'see what I mean' look. I brushed it off and payed attention to my now talking frustrated twin.

"I don't trust it. I don't trust him." Asher said. "You don't trust anyone or anything Ash." I said. "I say we still have a backup plan." Asher said. "Hey... just chill out. We work with fresher minds that way." Michael said putting his hand on Asher's shoulder while Delilah sat on his lap. Not in a sluttly way.

In a happy couple way.

Me and Draco look at each other and gag seeing our siblings kiss.

"Oh grow up like you don't do the same." Michael said rolling his eyes.

"Get a room." Rilee said. Michael left kissing me on the head and patting Ashers back as he walked out. Delilah smiling at us.

Gosh I love her.

But oh how I hate him.