Monster

When Hobi first met his monster, he was 6, and like any other six year old with a monster under their bed, he was absolutely terrified.

"Daddy, daddy!" Little 6 year old Hoseok called out to his dad, clutching onto his Nemo themed covers tightly.

"What's the matter, Hobi?" His dad came into the room, eyes barely open as he almost tripped over one of Hobi's toys that he could of sworn he told Hobi to pick up.

"There's a monster under my bed." Little Hoseok whispered to his dad, almost like he didn't want the monster to hear him snitching.

"Ah, Hobi, I talked to you about this. There are no monsters. Not under your bed, in your closet, in the bathroom, there is nothing there, Sunshine." His dad walked up to him, sitting on the edge of his twin sized bed before kissing his forehead.

"Can you check?" Hobi looked up at him with begging eyes, eyes his father couldn't resist.

"I'll do it just for you, Hobi." His father shook his head before getting on his hands and knees to check under his son's bed.

Hobi jumped when his dad let out a loud gasp, "What are you doing here?" His dad asked loudly.

"You, Mr. Nemo, should be with Hobi!" His father pulled out a Nemo plushie, holding it up in the air like it was newly found gold.

Hobi giggled as his dad handed him the plushie.

"There was nothing under there, Hobi, just Nemo. Now, go to sleep, bub." His dad tucked him in and kissed him goodnight.

Little Hobi fully believed his dad - for 5 seconds, that is. As soon as his father closed the door, the creaking sounds reappeared.

Hobi heard something like slithering come from the bottom of his bed, looking down to see a slimy tentacle wrap around his bed frame, along with a deep grumble coming from underneath his bed.

Hobi whimpered and buried himself under the Nemo themed bed cover, holding Nemo close to him.